The next 10 years serves as a moment in time unlike any other for the sport of soccer in the United States. With the sport thriving and U.S. Soccer’s Senior, Youth and Extended National Teams achieving success on and off the field, and the FIFA World Cup on U.S. soil in 2026, there has never been a better time to join the soccer movement!
The Senior Director, Partnerships Strategy & Insights will be instrumental in leading strategic initiatives for USSF’s Strategic Partnerships group. The position will be a key contributor to the organization’s mission of making soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. This role will work closely across the commercial department and larger organization to develop integrated solutions and frameworks for current and prospective partners that effectively leverage a holistic marketing mix, authentically align with partners’ brand mission, and deliver purposeful outcomes. The Senior Director, Partnerships Strategy & Insights will help lead these initiatives by driving analytics, structuring and communicating new insights, implementing recommendations, and creating operational alignment across departments. This role will also have a presence on cross-departmental projects supporting the advancement of USSF priorities.
This individual will be a key contributor within the Strategic Partnerships Department and broader commercial team including, but not limited to:
· Spearhead the Partnership Department’s annual and long-term strategic plan designed to grow our partnership portfolio and cement soccer as the preeminent sport in the United States
· Drive the financial planning and analysis and gain consensus on business objectives, creating short and long-range revenue forecasts, accompanying business plans, and providing forecast updates to senior executives.
· Collaborate with Partnership Development and Partnership Marketing teams to maximize partner value; develop and implement creative, innovative and high-impact platforms that help all parties achieve their goals; review proposals and drive go-to market prospecting strategy.
· Support Partnership Marketing’s activation, growth and retention by creating metrics to measure success of partnerships and partnering with account leads to create KPIs to track partner ROI
· Help Business Development team navigate potential current partner considerations/conflicts and recommend potential deal structures and assets based on deep understanding current contracts and assets
· Work with Marketing, Events and Sporting teams to establish new ownership platforms that drive strategic value for current and prospective partners – enabling them to be authentically integrated while accomplishing their goals and supporting U.S. Soccer’s bullish growth projections. Develop strong working relationship with Analytics team to deepen understanding and utilization of first and third-party data.
· Direct, develop and inspire a team that is driven to deliver on both our partners’ and U.S. Soccer business objectives while demonstrating a consistent level of intellectual curiosity.
· Create data-driven and visually compelling partnership presentations, case studies and communications (i.e., recaps, newsletters, etc.) for current and prospective partners.
· Manage requests from various current and prospective clients using organizational skills, effective brief writing and prioritization to deliver results.
· Assess and analyze data to provide insights and recommendations on macro-consumer and soccer fandom trends to develop year-long engagement.
· Enhance team and partner knowledge of sports marketing and current trends/innovations through purposeful thought-leadership, while analyzing related partnership approaches from competitors and external industries to drive innovation.
· Drive compelling brand storytelling via content and direct the programming of it across all owned & operated and third-party media channels.
· Implement and own third-party research and departmental efficiency tools and vendor relationships.
· Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree required and MBA preferred
· 10+ years of professional experience, preferably at corporate strategy group in sports/media/entertainment or other relevant industry
· Strategic thinker and change agent able to integrate strategy and tactics across functional organizations while being a proven inclusive team leader
· Business case modeling experience with solid understanding of financial concepts
· Develop inclusive teams with strong communication and empowerment resulting
· Strong leadership experience and project management skills
· Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
· Ability to develop creative ideas and inspire efforts of others to bring forward the best solutions
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously with keen attention to detail
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills to varied audiences
· Well versed in evolving commercial marketplace
· A strong understanding of the culture of soccer and its fans across North America is highly preferred.
· Ability to communicate with senior executives both inside and outside the organization
· Proactive, self-starter who can work independently within set objectives
· Strong problem-solving skills and a solution-oriented approach
· Experience working and multi-tasking in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
· Knowledge of Sports, Entertainment, Media and Technology industries preferred
· Excellent computer skills, including Outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint and
· advanced Microsoft Excel capabilities
· Experience with Adobe suite or a similar program is preferred
· Desire to be part of a team
· ”Student of the Game” mentality and desire for continual growth
· Accountable for actions/decisions and does not make excuses
· Multi-lingual a plus
· Ability to travel as needed
Who We Are
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We are soccer stewards, uniting people through the global game and our collective goal to inspire, elevate communities and change lives in pursuit of a better future for soccer and our nation. Our core principles are: We Aim High, We Win Together and We Champion DEIB; our staff embody the values of Integrity, Commitment, Teamwork and Respect; and we’re seeking candidates that share our beliefs. We embrace a healthy work life balance, diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and by supporting members, impacting athletes, and serving fans.
Who You Are
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity as employees have the privilege of working with the top soccer players and commercial minds in the country. We’re looking for someone who is a difference maker, creative, accountable, loves working with and engaging with people and excited by the prospect of leveraging some of our country’s biggest soccer events to build and execute initiatives and tactics that grow the sport and showcase the United States’ best soccer players. Your work will directly support the ability to achieve our mission by providing resources and awareness to programs that develop world-class players, coaches, referees and National Teams.
Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Adopt a company centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Presents new ideas for partnerships and internal processes
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Wants to be part of a team that wins
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills
· Comprehensive compensation plan with generous benefits and time off offerings
· Vacation Time: Increases at your 5th and 10th year of employment. Starts at 2 weeks (10 days)
· Holidays: 16 paid holidays—including end of the year federation wide holiday break
· Sick Leave: Unlimited
· 401K: U.S. Soccer immediately contributes 3% of your salary whether or not you make your own contributions. If you choose to contribute, U.S. Soccer will match up to 6% of your salary at 100%. Immediately vested.
· Medical: PPO and HSA plans
· U.S. Soccer covers 100% of employee and dependent premiums for Dental and Vision
Culture & Perks
· Relaxed business casual dress code
· Nike discounts
· U.S. Soccer Store website discounts
· Ticket access to Chicago Fire and Red Stars regular season games
· Social Activities year-round (ex. Footgolf, Volunteer opportunities, Holiday parties and more)
· Free annual subscription to Headspace app
· Flexible work schedule including working from home options