The Driver/Transportation Coordinator will operate agency-owned or leased vehicles on behalf of the agency. The position involves transportation of clients and staff to necessary appointments or meetings, delivery of interagency mail to appropriate offices, and delivery of packages or letters to specified locations. The Driver will also check the condition of vehicles for cleanliness or any damage to vehicles.
Our benefits include:
• Accrual Paid Time Off at the rate of 20 days per year
• Employer-paid health insurance effective the 1st of the month after 60 days of employment with an employee contribution
• 12 paid holidays
• Term Life Insurance coverage in an amount equal to one and one-half times your annual salary; maximum benefit of $200,000
• 403b retirement plan
• Long-term disability insurance
• Short-term disability insurance
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transport agency clients and staff to necessary appointments.
- Pickup and delivery of interoffice mail between agency offices.
- Transport IOC Case Managers and Case Aides and clients to required appointments outside of the local area when no other means of transportation is available.
- Move vehicles between administrative headquarters and offsite locations when necessary.
- Inspect agency vehicles for any damage or cleanliness issues, and to report any issues found to the AP Coordinator.
- Clean the vehicle interiors when conditions warrant.
- Wash the vehicle exteriors at the designated washing area.
- Refuel vehicles.
- Respond to vehicle emergencies when the private mechanic is unavailable.
- Ability to perform minor vehicle repairs, such as changing a flat tire.
- Assist with pickup of packages or supplies from vendors, retailers, or donors.
- Act as backup to the daytime Driver/Transportation Coordinator when necessary.
- Vacuum the Client Visitation Rooms at headquarters and check for cleanliness.