To apply for this role, upload your (1) resume and (2) cover letter. The role will be filled as soon as we find the right candidate.
In 1990, a small group of dedicated volunteers with a desire to eliminate substandard housing in our community founded San Gabriel Valley Habitat for Humanity. Thanks to our supporters, more than 200 local and international families have been able to build or repair their own homes here in Los Angeles’ San Gabriel Valley and beyond. Through the years, we have maintained our unrelenting determination to help families in need by offering a hand up, not a handout.
Through donations, shopping at our ReStores, volunteering or adding a voice to support affordable housing, everyone can help families achieve the strength, stability, and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves.
The RED Director and other SGV Habitat team members will guide and support you in identifying prospective land and project opportunities, acquiring properties, completing entitlement tasks, and engaging city representatives regarding SGV Habitat’s programs and projects.
The Assistant Project Manager will help in identifying viable projects, utilizing various methods of research and community/city partnerships and connections, and preparing business cases to support the Director and SGV Habitat Team in making decisions.
They will coordinate the municipal plan approvals process including assembling required documents and consulting with project vendors, neighbors, local officials and other stakeholders. Assist with key tasks for predevelopment of project sites as assigned by the RED Director.
724 E Huntington Dr., Monrovia CA 91016
Director of Real Estate Development
$21.63 per hour
Monday to Friday: 9AM - 5:30PM
Health insurance, vision & dental insurance, life insurance, 403(b) company match, and paid time off
Essential Job Duties
- Develop pro forma budgets
- Develop project performance schedules with critical path milestones
- Manage timelines for predevelopment work plans, ensuring they are carried out in a punctual manner
- Manage payments
- Monitor expenses against predevelopment budgets
- Review contract changes and coordinate a change control process – maintaining records of changes and required approvals
- Monitor and assist the design teams in addressing deficiencies following plan check corrections
- Report regularly to the Director on project progress
- Prepare regular reports on progress, timelines, budgets, and expenditures related to the management of real estate development activities
- With the Director, build viable partnerships to advance the organization’s goal of creating and preserving affordable housing
- Make recommendations to the Director on new actions, goals and targets related to the development of new housing
- Perform other related duties as required
- A College degree in a related field such as Business, Real Estate, Architecture or Urban Planning
- Experience working in partnerships
- Experience managing relationships with key stakeholders and vendors
- Basic familiarity with housing development such as new construction and house rehabilitation projects
- Excellent Organizational skills with the ability to create and focus on a plan for dealing with overwhelming amounts of materials & goods
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong ability to multitask
- Ability to identify opportunities and act on them
- Strong work Ethic with a “whatever it takes” acumen
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills quickly
- An outgoing personality
SGV Habitat for Humanity actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications. SGV Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans, regardless of race, religion, age, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetics, gender identity, or any other legally protected characteristic. SGV Habitat for Humanity will not inquire about a job applicant's criminal conviction history prior to making a conditional offer of employment.