Alert Innovation is a 2-year-old startup on a mission to re-invent retailing through robotics. Having partnered with world’s largest retailer to develop our revolutionary Alphabot® technology, we have an enormous market opportunity in front of us and are now beginning to scale the company by hiring exceptional people who love their work, want it to be meaningful, strive for excellence, and thrive in a highly collaborative team-oriented culture.
WHY A SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER – DIAGNOSTICS?
Full Time, Exempt
A Senior Software Engineer- Diagnostics will develop board-level tests and utilities to support high volume printed circuit board (PCBA) manufacturing, PCBA design verification testing (DVT), robot built-in-self-test/power-on-self-test (BIST/POST), and in-field system debugging. The software engineer will work closely with electrical engineers, manufacturing engineers, software developers and Alert’s contract manufacturer to ensure tests have appropriate coverage, give insight into the likely cause of failures, are easy to use and integrate with Alert’s robot software application.
Robotics is a multifaceted field and as a start-up our needs change rapidly, therefore the candidate must be willing to jump in and help in other areas such as low-level board firmware development as needs arise.
Alert Innovation offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package, including an equity stake in our growing company.
WHAT WILL YOU LOVE?
- Being a part of an organization that is innovative in both its products and the design of the organization.
- Leading a culture that is built on the fundamental importance of individual contribution and team synergy.
- Being a partner in the realization of our vision of a high-performance culture in an adaptable organization.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Collect requirements for, document, develop, and maintain a diagnostics test suite for Alert’s custom PCBAs.
- Closely work with Software Engineers to ensure test integration with the robot application.
- Author technical documentation such as user guides and built in application help screens.
- Act as Alert’s diagnostic test expert owning all tasks associated with diagnostic testing.
- Interface with Alert’s contract manufacturer to ensure that tests efficiently support production needs.
- Assist with other coding tasks such as low-level firmware development when needed.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- At least a B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or the equivalent in experience.
- At least 5 years of directly related diagnostic test development experience.
- Proven track record of developing diagnostic test suites for hardware.
- Familiar with common approaches to test connectivity and functionality of components, including processors, analog signals and converters, flash and memory components, and communication peripherals.
- C/C++/Python programming skills.
- Familiarity with coding best practices and revision control tools such as Bitbucket.
- Ability to navigate electronic schematics and interpret electrical component datasheets as they pertain to low level software test development.
- Understanding of common embedded computing interfaces such as I2C, CAN, UART, Ethernet, USB, and SPI.
- Circuit design experience a plus.
- A love of making stuff that works to a high level of standards.
- Self-motivated and capable of working without direction or supervision to achieve goals.
- Willingness to learn and grow as well as share knowledge.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to support or lead project teams as circumstances require.
- Work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, able to communicate across all levels of the organization.
WHAT ARE OUR CORE VALUES?
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: “Treat others as you would want to be treated”.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create “performance synergy”, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members’ capacities.
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.