As the Adoptions Specialist, you will facilitate and contribute to the strategic company development plan of K-12 state and district instructional materials adoptions and requests for proposals. You will play a crucial role in optimizing how our customer base is successfully marketed to, on-boarded, and utilizes Wayside products to ensure they are successful with their investment.
- Identify state requirements for world language adoptions and communicates requirements across all cross-functional teams.
- Identify and escalate requirement gaps with leadership and key stakeholders.
- Review and respond to proposals and rubric documents, paying meticulous attention to detail in the curriculum standards and pedagogical requirements, while ensuring compliance with district, state, and/or federal policies
- Works with Adoptions Manager and other team members to develop business processes and documentation to support adoptions including bid and RFP processes, state and district lists of currently adopted materials and their costs, etc.
- Analyzes incoming RFPs and textbook adoption requests to determine products required, level of effort, and timing of product delivery and legal requirements.
- Communicates with key decision-makers to inform them of any requirements that impact other teams including product offerings, data integrations, social and legal compliance, etc.
- Facilitates the packaging and shipping of textbooks, proposals, and other adoption-related deliverables, to ensure delivery by stated due dates and times, and in compliance with packaging and labeling requirements.
- Register and maintain enrollment in state, district, and local vendor portal systems
- Determines when contract extensions and/or modifications are needed and maintains modifications in databases.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skill & Attributes
- 3+ years of professional experience which will ideally include educational publishing, contract management, or other legal experience
- Excellent project management skills
- Knowledge of SharePoint, Confluence, Wrike, or other similar file sharing and project management software
- Understanding of World Language education and/or proficiency in a second language not required, but a plus
- Comfort with contract language and technical requirements documentation and/or an ability and willingness to learn
- Ability to communicate effectively and to develop strong, positive, respectful relationships with stakeholders on other teams
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation: base salary plus achievement-based incentive program, uncapped potential.
- Health insurance with options for dental, vision, life insurance, pet insurance, and more
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution, employer-paid STD and LTD policies
- Paid holidays
- Work/life balance as a company value
We believe that traditional hiring policies can hurt the most marginalized people in society, including people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ people. Because we believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
Wayside Publishing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE