Through our shared values and culture of professional team service, we engage and inspire the Aggie Network to support Texas Aggies and perpetuate the Aggie Spirit. We are seeking an individual to join a highly motivated team in selflessly advancing The Association of Former Students’ noble mission by supporting our strategic, major-gift fundraising efforts.
While fostering our team culture in line with The Association’s Team Expectations as well as our team’s core values, the ideal candidate will be someone who demonstrates skill in and devotion to:
(i) developing and cultivating trusted, long-term relationships
(ii) serving as a professional ambassador for The Association and Texas A&M
(iii) exhibiting a high level of organization to effectively manage multiple efforts at a time
(iv) successfully leading others to support a cause.
The Assistant Director of Development will be responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors in support of The Association’s major-gift priorities and in accordance with performance targets set in collaboration with the Director of Development. Under the leadership of the Vice President of Development and Director of Development, this individual will also help develop and execute innovative, strategic development plans each year focused on gifts of $25,000 and above. While needing the self-motivation and persistence to effectively contribute as an individual, the Assistant Director of Development will also play a key role in collaborating with the entire Development Team to achieve our overall goals, mission, and vision.
Please note that when applying for an opportunity, the application will need to be completed in its entirety all at once. You will not be able to save your information and return to complete your application.
- Identifies, qualifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards a group of high-priority prospects including individuals and corporations, while considering their individual desires and interests as well as The Association of Former Students’ needs and priorities.
- Maintains an appropriate, robust portfolio of major gift capacity prospects and donors and sustains a program of stewardship activities. Works in cohesion with the Director of Development on assigned prospects to ensure positive and purposeful relations with prospects and donors.
- Designs and implements short- and long-term strategic development plans to strengthen existing relationships with current major donors and expand the donor base through acquisition of new donors through donor cultivation events.
- Works collaboratively with other Association development and fundraising staff to coordinate strategic and purposeful cultivation and solicitation activities.
- Writes, edits, and provides gift agreements and funding proposals, along with donor communications to facilitate gift solicitations.
- Prepares and maintains donor records and notes within The Association’s database to ensure key metrics and communications are ongoing with major gift donors.
- Creates trusted relationships with donors and utilize active listening skills to match the philanthropic interests of the donor with the mission and goals of The Association of Former Students.
- Works with the Director of Development, Manager of Development and Assistant Manager of Development to coordinate donor stewardship materials and donor prospecting materials.
- Maintains a consistent travel schedule to ensure donor prospecting, cultivation and stewardship is ongoing throughout dense areas of Aggies throughout the state.
- Provides and maintains exceptional customer service to donors whether it be written, electronic, in-person visits, at events or verbally through phone conversations regarding inquiries from donations, university events or any other donor requests.
- Effectively coordinates and manages ongoing Development projects for all endowed programs.
- Assists in and coordinates donor research for Vice President of Development and Director of Development.
- Coordinates with the Manager of Development and Assistant Manager of Development in all aspects of donor stewardship.
- Assists in creating Endowed Century Club donor materials and website promotion.
- In conjunction with the Director of Development, manages and facilitates all Development donor events (e.g., football and baseball activities, donor dinners, etc.).
- Works with the Manager of Development on all Endowed Century Club events and Aggie Ring Scholarship events including materials, invitation lists, event registration, and additional items as needed.
- Assists in fielding incoming phone calls and visitor inquiries regarding development giving questions, concerns or comments.
- Encourages collaboration and promote team culture.
- Assists with preparation of materials for Quarterly Board meetings and Leadership Council meetings.
- Attends events in support of the Vice President and Director of Development or on behalf of The Association as needed.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities, which may include:
- Actively contributing to efforts to achieve culture, engagement, and fundraising goals.
- Providing on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council meetings.
- Participating on internal event and task committees.
- Participating in Association events including, but not limited to, Muster, Aggie Ring Day, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala, Pass It Back Day, All-Aggie Grad Party, and All-Aggie Hullabaloo, as needed.
- Representing The Association as needed at external events.
Serves as an ambassador for The Association by meeting Team Expectations; supporting The Association’s fundraising, engagement, branding, and communications efforts; and fostering relationships with former students, current students, parents, faculty, staff and friends of Texas A&M.
Occasional other duties as assigned.
Received: Director of Development.
Required: Bachelor’s degree.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree from Texas A&M University.
Required: Proficiency in using Microsoft applications. Knowledge of fundraising database management.
Preferred: Experience in Advance Data Systems and Salesforce CRM software programs or analogous customer relation management systems.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required: Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including excellent listening skills and the ability to articulate complex information with influence. Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Innovative, collaborative and trustworthy. Ability to work well with a variety of unique personalities and individuals. Intrinsically motivated and must have the ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful circumstances and situations. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Required: Minimum of 3-5 years in fundraising or development fields or an analogous profession.
Preferred: More than 5 years in fundraising or development fields or an analogous profession.
Required: Strong commitment to the mission and vision of The Association of Former Students with the ability and desire to serve as an advocate for the organization and Texas A&M University. High-level of drive and energy to be constantly meeting, qualifying, and engaging donors and potential donors. Flexibility to travel extensively including evenings, overnight and weekends. A valid Texas driver license and good driving record must be maintained as a requirement of the position. Frequent and extensive travel (including overnight stays, weekends and evenings) with the ability to visit donors in offices, residences or other agreed locations is a requirement of the position.