CMS is an award-winning construction contractor with design-build experience and strong self-performance capabilities in mechanical, piping and fabrication work. Our scope of services encompasses new construction, renovations, fueling systems, and energy and sustainability for a wide range of commercial and federal government clients. As a prime contractor, we have the ability to execute a full range of construction disciplines. In addition, our mechanical capability enables us to self-perform the most technically challenging mechanical, fuels and energy work. www.cms-corporation.com
Salary Range $67,800 - to $75,000
The Systems Administrator plans and coordinates the installation of computer, data and voice communication systems to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT assets. Assists and supports users with training, questions and technical issues.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supports in the installation and maintenance of all servers and networking gear both physical and virtual.
- Supports in the installation and maintenance of all client hardware and software.
- Supports in the installation, maintenance and configuration of VoIP phone systems, mobile phone services, internet services, and printers.
- Provides support, break-fix and technical training to end users.
- Researches new developments and trends in the IT industry to assist in technology planning.
- Assists with all compliance initiatives (NIST 800-171 and CMMC 2.0).
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related degree and 3 years prior experience in the IT industry
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or related degree and 4 years prior experience in the IT industry
- High School Degree and 7 years prior experience in the IT industry
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge and experience with VMWare.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Cisco Meraki networking devices and Cisco UCS servers.
- Strong knowledge of network services including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and GPO management.
- Strong knowledge of networking services and protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, NFS, FTP, SSH, SMTP, SNMP, SSL, HTTP/S and VLAN configurations.
- Knowledge of OpenVPN for site-to-site VPN connections.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications, including Exchange, Sharepoint, Microsoft Office 365, SQL, and IIS.
- Knowledge and experience supporting iSCSI storage infrastructure.
- Knowledge and experience supporting Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to work effectively in team environment.
- Perform assignments with minimal supervision.
- Experience with troubleshooting and providing technical support.
- Moderate physical effort equal to frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend and reach.
- Must have valid driver’s license, be insurable on the company insurance and able to travel as required.
- Work full time and maintain regular and predictable attendance. Able to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Reports directly to the Director of Information Technology.
- Will help mentor Tier 1 IT Support Specialist.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.