Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence
Position: Manager, Annual Giving
Location: Philadelphia, PA (currently remote, work-from-home until Q1 2022)
Employment Status: Full time, exempt
Reporting to: Director, Individual Giving
Salary: $50,000 - $60,000
JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING AGENCY THAT SEEKS TO ENSURE THAT ALL YOUTH ACHIEVE THEIR FULL POTENTIAL. Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence (BBBSI) is the largest BBBS agency in the state and fourth largest in the nation. Our mission is to ignite the power and promise of youth and close the mentoring gap, by creating and supporting one-to-one mentoring relationships and strengthening the quality of the mentoring field.
Reporting to the Director of Individual Giving, the Manager of the Annual Giving is responsible for maintaining and growing a sustaining donors portfolio exceeding $400K, including annual giving and appeals, peer-to-peer fundraising, monthly giving, and assisting with related fundraising events. BBBSI is seeking a mid-level fundraiser to develop sustainable growth in this portfolio, and work across the Agency to drive new revenue, increase donor engagement, and maintain and elevate current donors with one of the country’s leading BBBS agencies.
Individuals with a strong connection to the community that BBBSI serves and the Southeastern Pennsylvania/Southern New Jersey area are given preferential consideration. Moderate travel to community and mission partners is required, as is some nights and weekend work.
Leadership, Management, Accountability (30%)
1. Advance the mission and vision of the Agency, ensuring integration through annual giving campaigns and events within area of responsibility.
2. Partner with the Manager, Data Analytics and Compliance, Finance, and other relevant staff to ensure thorough and accurate record-keeping/reconciliation, and effective reporting on team portfolio.
3. Create and manage donor societies and donor incentives to further inspire giving from individuals.
4. Maintain and grow a dynamic portfolio of sustaining donors (<$25K), raising at least $400K annually via annual giving and appeals, alumni and volunteer (Bigs) giving, monthly giving, and related events through effective donor identification, qualification, cultivation, and solicitation.
5. Plan, execute, and efficiently grow Annual Fund with a creative and diverse solicitation strategy. Leverage best practices to build the monthly giving and peer-to-peer fundraising programs, engaging alumni, Bigs, board, young professionals, and staff.
6. Steward portfolio effectively in partnership with frontline fundraiser team members.
7. Develop annual plans and budgets, ensure planning and alignment with other events and campaigns, and create and execute fundraising strategies and plans that leverage best practices to meet fundraising goals
8. Maintain assigned Indyforce (Salesforce platform) records and campaigns.
Academic Requirements: Bachelor’s degree.
Professional Requirements: Minimum of 2 years as an advancement professional, human services environment, preferred. Ability to work with many diverse constituencies and be equally comfortable collaborating and working independently. The successful candidate will display a record of accomplishment in advancement with a proven track record of fundraising success, especially with campaign planning/execution and in working knowledge and usage of the donor moves management process. The successful candidate will document successful cultivation and solicitation of numerous gifts. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and donor CRM packages required (Salesforce preferred).
Additional Requirements: Must have daily and dependable access to a car, valid driver's license, and meet State-required automobile insurance minimums.
Must demonstrate leadership, dedication, and an interpersonal savvy that helps establish effective relationships and an appropriate rapport with people; have attentive and active listening skills; take a sales/marketing approach to interaction with volunteers; are results/outcome oriented; are approachable, organized; and demonstrate sound judgment in a leadership capacity. Our best employees 1) set the bar high 2) are intentional and thoughtful about their choices 3) collaborate as a means to community solutions 4) are positive, can-do, and solution-oriented 5) embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion, and 6) are accountable and get it done.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing work in an office environment and include the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: the ability to work independently; remain sedentary for extended periods of time (6+ hours per day); lift 10-15lbs; push, pull, bend kneel, as needed for normal operations. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted online at: https://www.independencebigs.org/
Note: only those applicants believed to be viable candidates for this opportunity will be contacted. No phone calls please.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
Individuals with a passion for working with youth, and a desire to work for a strong mission driven organization should apply. At BBBSI, we serve more 2,400 annually in Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia Counties in Pennsylvania, and Burlington, Camden and Gloucester Counties in New Jersey.
Our aspiration is to develop an organization that reflects our constituent base.
BBBSI promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. BBBSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.
** This position is currently remote, but will be hybrid in office Q1 2022. Staff will be given a minimum of two (2) weeks' notice before returning to the office. Proof of vaccination is required. **