Do you have the passion to join a group whose mission is to pioneer the discovery of a new drug class to treat diseases unaddressed by today’s medicines? Does it excite you to be a part of a company with a focus on cancer and genetically validated targets in other disease areas with unmet medical need? If yes, you may be a great fit to join Arrakis on our path to bring powerful new therapies to millions of patients.
Your Impact at Arrakis
The mission of Arrakis Therapeutics is to extend small molecule medicines into new realms of biology by discovering and developing compounds that selectively target RNA (“rSM”). By targeting distinct RNA structure/function relationships, Arrakis is generating drug candidates with novel mechanisms of action for molecular targets that are challenging to drug in disease areas with high unmet medical need.
The Program Manager will make a large impact on Arrakis’ mission through their leadership of program(s) that are emerging from our platform. This is an opportunity to translate the vision of our scientific programs into an actionable, operational plan. The scope of the role will include management of the development and execution of program plans, timelines and dashboards that align with corporate goals. Familiarity with program management practices, tools, and methodologies is a key requirement for this role. In addition, the ability to understand drug discovery and development is important to success in this position. The Program Manager will report to the Associate Director, Program Management and will support program teams to optimize team environment, operational standards and cross-functional collaboration.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a collaborative, fast-paced start-up environment, leveraging a high degree of problem-solving and troubleshooting skills to make a large impact on our mission.
- Work closely with the Associate Director, Program Management to actively manage and monitor progress of multiple internal and/or external research programs towards timely milestone achievement.
- Implement program management best practices to establish and maintain the standard for operational excellence.
- Develop and update program plans and timelines and monitor progress against milestones and goals.
- Ensure program team activities are clearly communicated, documented, and archived.
- Identify issues or bottlenecks, and work with team leadership and other stakeholders to formulate strategies and drive to resolution.
- Develop reports and deliver presentations when needed.
- Support alliance management initiatives.
- Consistently display and drive behaviors consistent with Arrakis’ values
Interested in learning more about Arrakis? Click on the links below!
Dark Matter Blog: Arrakis achieves escape velocity
Dark Matter Blog: Following our pole star
Arrakis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, military service, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- BS/BA or MS/MA in Life Sciences required
- 2+ years of multi-disciplinary experience in the life science industry
- Ability to synthesize, analyze, and prioritize complex and disparate information
- Experience in project/program management in drug discovery and development is highly desired
- Experience with program management practices, tools, and methodology desired
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and team management skills
- Dynamic, independent, flexible, well-organized, pro-active, collaborative-minded individual interested in contributing to excellent research science in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.