Choisys is a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and a SBA certified 8(a) Business Development Program participant. We deliver Higher Value through customer-centric solutions that drive innovation and adapt to evolving mission requirements – with well documented success on numerous programs within the Civilian, Defense, and Intelligence communities. We are experts in IT Service Delivery processes and industry best practices, continuously integrating the framework of our ISO 9001, 20000, and 27001 certifications to achieve service excellence. Choisys combines empirical methodologies and lessons learned with leading-edge solutions to solve complex problems, provide ongoing support, and deliver quantifiable benefits. Our mission focus areas include, but are not limited to, PMO Support, Health IT, Education + Learning, Infrastructure Management, and Cyber Security.
We are seeking a Senior Data Analyst to join a team of IT professionals supporting the Norfolk Ship Support Activity (NSSA).
Be able to provide support including:
- Performs independent of direct supervision but under the general guidance of management
- Identifies and describes data elements and data files/tables required to complete assigned projects and make recommendations regarding the creation of analytical reports
- Ensures the reports and statistical data developed achieves client organizational and/or business goals
- Monitors performance and manage parameters to provide fast query responses to front-end users
- Identifies significant differences, relationships, and trends in data as well as factors that could affect the results of statistical research
- Performs data mining, analysis, and reporting to support client organizations and initiatives
- Perform various statistical analyses using data drawn from diverse sources to map and identify genuine trends and relationships
- Develops the conceptual design for a planned statistical database in outline; consider both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users; refine the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model; maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act; write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definition
- Bachelor's degree in Business / Computer Science/Software Engineering or related field. Two years of job-related experience may be substituted for each year of college
- Minimum of three years job-related experience with analyzing large datasets utilizing statistical software packages, such as; SAS, SQL, and the advanced analytical features of MS Excel or MS Access. Support statistical analysis by leveraging cluster analysis, time series, multivariable regression, etc. Ability to support statistical data interpretation as it relates to design / engineering, new construction, and/or software programming as required. Knowledge of data processing, systems support background is required
- DoD Secret Security clearance required
Choisys Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. The candidate must have the ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to discern colors, ability to read and monitor a computer screen for an extended period, 100% requirement to work on site.