Are you an experienced software engineer? Do you want to act as a mentor and offer career and technical direction for the engineering team of a fast growing startup? We need someone that can work closely with the leaders of DexCare as well as our clients, participate in defining the roadmap, set technical direction, and build strong teams. We do not shy away from cutting edge technology and look for new approaches that can make work more efficient as well as solve problems and improve and develop client satisfaction. If you want to work for a fast growing company and reach across the entirety of our product line to include mobile development, web application development, machine learning, data analytics, medical software, and DevOps to name a few. There is plenty of room for growth within this rapidly growing company, so come check us out!
Details of the Important Work You Will Contribute:
- Be a mentor and be able to listen and provide constructive feedback
- Be a team player – share your thoughts but know when to disagree and when to commit
- You will have influence over the entire architecture as well as having first hand interactions with clients. You must have the abiliity to communicate both internally and externally when representing DexCare.
- Work closely with engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
- Advise on strategy and ensure that the team is forward thinking
- Have the ability to break down work and set project priorities for both yourself and your team.
What you will need to be able to do in order to be successful here:
- 3+ years of experience serving as a manager of software engineering professionals
- 8 years of relevant experience in the industry shipping enterprise software using SoA, and delivering solutions end to end.
- Strong computer science fundamentals, as well as systems design and object oriented programming experience
- Experience with React.js, Redux, Angular, or similar; experience with Typescript or Node.js
- Experience building out Epic-Systems Integrations using FHIR, SMART on FHIR, HL7, and/or Epic Interconnect; or experience configuring and maintaining an SaaS solution built on Amazon Web Services and Kubernetes (including Helm) with Docker containers
Who is DexCare and why you do want to join our unique, fun, happy company?
DexCare is a data-driven intelligence company making access to healthcare easier and better for everyone. We envision a world where all patients and health care customers enjoy exceptional access to health care appointments they need to treat, cure and prevent illness.
We enable PATIENTS to get the care they need faster, easier, less expensively and with better results.
We enable PROVIDERS to see patients easily and effectively.
We enable HEALTH CARE NETWORKS to utilize resources more efficiently and effectively, produce great outcomes for patients, lower costs, generate more revenue, and build enduring and satisfying relationships with their patients and providers.
We enable our PEOPLE to do work on behalf of our customers that is meaningful, impactful, challenging, exciting, and rewarding by creating a culture that fosters the ability for each of us to do our best work.
What do we mean when we say DexCare is in a category of one? Simply put, there is no other technology that allows Health Care Networks, Providers (Doctors, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, etc.) to see all appointments available in their network in real-time and then match those appointments with patients in need of care.
Telemedicine, online scheduling, and digital health applications typically focus on the capability of delivering digitally-enabled care, DexCare is Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)/Digital OS that sits between, and among digital health applications, and intelligently orchestrates health system appointment across all points of care.
DexCare has three components of its system that make it unique among other digital health offerings.
1. First, our patients’ appointments demands generation technology attracts, routes, and helps our customers by making their various ways of delivering care more available and discoverable online. When consumers are searching for care on Google, for example, they are more likely to find a DexCare customer’s page in their results.
2. Second, our intelligent navigation technology leverages our unique understanding of patient needs and wants, combined with provider information and health system information, in order to ensure consumers are presented with the safest and best care options first and foremost.
3. Finally, DexCare’s capacity optimization technology automatically allocates health system resources when and where they can be most productively employed by matching them to consumers in a way that ensures the best results for everyone.
Similar to the way you have many applications on your computer, there is an operating system that makes all the applications work together to provide the user with a simple experience. DexCare is that operating system for health systems’ digital offerings.
DexCare enables leading health systems across the U.S. to attract 30% more new patients, capture 5x downstream services revenue, generate over 20% per patient encounter in costs savings, and deliver a net promotor satisfaction score greater than 90. We were incubated at Providence, one of the nation’s largest and most innovative health systems with over 50 hospitals across the Western United States. DexCare is led by a customer focused mission driven team experienced in building successful, innovative and transformative solutions to healthcare’s biggest problems. We’ve built digital health companies from the ground up. We work with the world’s largest healthcare companies and provider organizations. We are backed by leading healthcare investors, including Kaiser Permanente, Providence Ventures, Define Ventures, Frist Cressey Ventures and SpringRock Ventures.
Culture and Environment
DexCare is a mission driven mid-stage well-funded technology company with a unique and fun culture. We believe great work can be done from anywhere. This belief lead us to build a next generation company that gives our people flexibility with regards to where, when, and how they work. The best part is as part of our team your work will matter, have impact, and be rewarded. Please come join us.
Compensation, Benefits, and Rewards
Base Salary = Competitive, not high or low, and no signing bonus tricks
Bonus = 20% of Base Salary. Our philosophy one for all and all for one, except for Sales because they get commissions, sorry Sales. We set achievable goals, not stretch, because our we don’t intend to run a bonus program that never pays. We all know how fun those are.
Our Interview Process
Dexcare doesn’t like to keep anyone waiting and we know you have lots of great options. Therefore, our aim is to complete the entire interview process with within a week. It doesn’t happen every time, but it rarely, if ever, takes longer than two weeks and sometimes it only takes two days. We make decisions fast and know what we are looking for. You should be ready to do the same!
DexCare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. DexCare does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, colour, national origin, disability, or gender. DexCare provides reasonable accommodation to all applicants who require such accommodation to apply for the position or to perform the essential functions of the job.