The Printer, Inc. (TPI) is a full service printer specializing in complex variable data printing in the casino gaming industry. We are a privately held company that has been in business for over 40 years. TPI is always looking for committed, hard working, self-motivated individuals that take pride and accountability in their work. TPI rewards their employees with competitive salaries.
We are currently seeking a full-time enthusiastic Prepress Proofer/Plate Maker to work on-site in our Des Moines, IA location.
Position Summary: The Prepress Proofer/Platemaker is responsible for developing plates for our offset presses and assembling proofs. The ideal candidate is an organized, detail-oriented, energetic team player, a hands-on worker with excellent communication skills who can work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment. This is a full-time position which at times will require overtime and weekend work.
- Checking job to be plated for missing bleeds, colors, and general quality control.
- Out-putting plates using Kodak direct-to-plate platesetter.
- Folding down blue line proofs.
- Trimming High Quality Oris color proofs.
- Ensuring inventory levels of plates and consumables are sufficient.
- Maintaining equipment to high operating standards.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Interpersonal skills, self-initiative to work independently and in a team environment.
- Familiarity with print preparation and production.
- Adhere to established internal operating procedures Strong quality control skills.
- Tenacious attention to detail with advanced organization skills.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment with changing demands and competing priorities.
- Must have Base knowledge of printing processes and procedures for Litho/Offset and Digital printing.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 3+ years relevant experience in direct mail or related industry preferred.
Physical Demands: May be required to sit for extended periods. Frequent standing and walking are required. Continuous vision required for detailed work. Ability to lift 40 pounds. Frequent hand/wrist/finger movement for data entry.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Typical work week is Monday through Friday. 2nd shift Hours, 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Hours may vary to work other shifts as needed. Typically works 40-50 hours per week.