The Systems Engineer is responsible for maintaining the ongoing reliability, performance and support of our client’s systems environment.
- Responds to Tier 2 incidents as well as service requests, escalations.
- Responsible for generating/updating daily tickets, as to document and keep clients updated and to reflect the solutions provided to the clients requests/tickets.
- Installations, Implementations, maintains, and troubleshoots complex operating systems software and related program products.
- Provides technical consulting on the use and integration of applications into the BCS and Client side operating environment/Infrastructure.
- responsible for keeping abreast of new technologies and evaluating their applicability to our clients’ environment, and BCS environment if applicable.
- Performs additional job duties as required (e.g. Answers BCS call/Ticket queue).
- Exercises and is aware of “ITIL” best practices whenever applicable (e.g. Password change procedures, etc.)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees all support and problem management activities, provides tier-two support and guides less experienced staff in problem resolution. Reviews and analyzes problem-management data, in aggregate, to identify issues and trends directly affecting the quality of services.
- Support disaster recovery solutions and executes Severity/Crisis Management process with communication to the Network Operations Center and other departments including management, vendors and clients during a planned or unplanned outage.
- Provides support on escalated incident management and performs investigative analysis while providing accurate & thorough answers in a timely manner to customer inquiries.
- Performs remote access solution implementation and support (VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix), remote monitoring and management of system alerts/notifications, proactive services and support by investigating, tracking, monitoring and documenting all departments/sites for nonfunctioning devices, perform repairs and routine maintenance of hardware and software, scheduling and documenting all support activities
- Informs management and key client personnel of operational and procedural deficiencies when encountered during shifts or from Problem Management issues
- Responsible for resolving and supporting technical issues via telephone, E-mail, ConnectWise and in person.
- Interface with customer’s executives, technical representatives, partners, and all levels of internal employees, other Technology Services department/personnel to ensure that operational procedures, accurate escalation processes, timely document registration within ConnectWise and status updates are performed and streamlined workflow is maintained to ensure customer satisfaction
- Support of medium to high complexity incidents (pertaining to but not limited to: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security) as well as service requests, escalations, generates daily tickets for the services and support being provided
- Perform queue management to achieve clients SLAs in a timely manner and provide Quality Assurance standards for work performed and where applicable train staff/client members.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in discovery sessions with prospects and customers to gather and understand their technical and functional requirements.
- Must be a “Team Player” with outstanding communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Prioritize service or project issues according to contracted SLA Agreements with Clients.
- Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as it occurs.