BlueWave is a B Corporation on a mission to revolutionize energy with simple, powerful solar + storage solutions. Our team of experts is intensely focused on developing, constructing and managing community solar and standalone storage projects. We are constantly innovating to set the pace in an evolving energy industry, and that spirit of innovation drives our company’s dynamic culture.
Inclusion at BlueWave:
As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists, and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop more innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the solar + storage industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable, and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
BlueWave has an immediate opening for a Director of Sustainable Solar Development to drive innovation in land use, project development, and business strategy to advance BlueWave’s leadership in sustainable project development, with a particular focus on agrivoltaic and floating solar projects. This is an exciting opportunity to push the boundaries of sustainable, responsible, financeable and scalable solar and storage project development and help further differentiate BlueWave as an industry leader in these practices. This role will blend thought leadership with hands-on project execution to put innovation into practice. Strong written and verbal communication skills, agriculture experience, a working understanding of the development process, attention to detail, creativity and thoroughness are essential to success in this position.
- Build on BlueWave’s existing sustainable solar development strategy to improve development practices and execution in areas including land use, agrivoltaic solar, floating solar, agricultural and academic partnerships, sustainable supply chain assessment, new technology assessment, project lifecycle analysis and community impact;
- Further establish BlueWave as a thought leader in the industry in agrivoltaic solar, responsible land use and sustainable solar development practices by developing external-facing materials and participating in public forums that highlight BlueWave’s work;
- Identify and pursue market opportunities for new project origination and revenue generation via sustainable project development and agrivoltaic solar, especially in new state markets;
- Identify sustainability strategies on specific solar and storage development projects and collaborate with project team by ensuring project designs, budgets, underwriting assumptions, construction drawings, construction budgets, vendor relationships, and transaction-support materials reflect the integrity of BlueWave’s sustainable solar development strategy;
- Identify and manage vendor relationships that contribute to BlueWave’s sustainable solar development strategy, including agricultural policy experts, farmers, waterway specialists, civil engineers, equipment vendors, and academic researchers;
- Develop and execute strategies to incorporate sustainable solar development framework into BlueWave’s internal operations, including sustainable development guidelines, company programs, training materials, measurement metrics, reporting frameworks and processes, internal updates, external partnerships, and strategic initiatives;
- Direct market research and analyses that improve BlueWave’s competitive advantage in sustainable project development;
- Supervise and direct employees or interns working on sustainable solar development initiatives; and
- Other duties for which the candidate is qualified.
- Demonstrated track record of leadership, partnership building, communications, and/or applied research and management in the sustainable development field (REQUIRED)
- Strong interdisciplinary thinking skills with demonstrated interest and leadership across energy, agriculture, food systems, conservation, land management, technology, public policy, and related fields (REQUIRED)
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences, civil / environmental engineering, urban planning, ecology or related fields (PREFERRED)
- Minimum three years’ experience in agriculture, agricultural land management, agricultural policy or similar (PREFERRED)
- Master’s degree in business, engineering, public policy, environmental sciences, city planning, or sustainability-related field (PREFERRED)
BlueWave is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company.
Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation, or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.