In the absence of the regular classroom teacher the guest teacher is responsible for helping students learn subject matter and/or skills that are required for scheduled lessons and to provide meaningful instruction for assigned classrooms.
- Reports to school office at beginning of school day to pick up required materials/schedule of classes and at the end of the school day to return materials. Follows sign out procedures as prescribed by the school.
- Carries out a program of study prescribed in the lesson plans left by the classroom teacher.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting lesson objectives.
- Maintains a neat and orderly classroom.
- Takes attendance in accordance with school procedures.
- Indicates to students at beginning of class the basic expectations for behavior in the class in accordance with school
- Insures that the students are never left unattended in the classroom.
- Knows emergency evacuation routes for the classrooms assigned.
- Knows procedures for referring students who are disciplinary problems.
- Knows school procedures and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as directed by principal