- Do you no longer see yourself on your current career path?
- Would you love the opportunity to have an established account base and be compensated for growing it through up-sell opportunities?
- Do you love the broker and insurance world?
If this describes you or someone you know, then let’s talk!
If you have at least 10 years of sales and/or account management experience with an annual compensation of at least 80,000 (base + commission), then call us at 515-261-5606 to schedule a phone interview and learn more.
Delta Dental of Iowa has a Senior Account Manager opportunity available. You will work directly with contracted brokers, consultants, and decision makers to develop, maintain and grow business relationships with customers to optimize Delta Dental’s market retention and cross sell to existing clients. This is an opportunity to manage relationships for each sales channel and mentor other account managers. You will have a strong working knowledge of the project management discipline and budgetary responsibility to include growth and retention with documented results.
Delta Dental of Iowa provides dental and vision insurance to more than 1 million Iowans. As a not-for-profit insurance company, our mission is to improve the health and smiles of the people we serve. We give back to Iowa communities by supporting and funding health and wellness initiatives that make a measurable difference in the overall health of underserved Iowans. Come see why we are passionate about "Bringing Smiles" to our customers. Our team enjoys competitive pay and benefits, an awesome "One Team" approach, and a company culture that fosters "Exceptional Quality Service" and "Leadership at All Levels." Love where you work!
Essential Functions and Principal Accountabilities:
- Develop, maintain and grow client relationships.
- Sell new product add-ons/ancillary products.
- Identify client purchasing patterns (timing for service calls, renewals, etc.)
- Develop client service and renewal schedules based on client profiles
- Develop and maintain client profiles and document in CRM. Record and maintain client demographics, communication preferences and contact information for groups and private exchanges. Identify and record relationship strengths and vulnerabilities for these groups.
- Track industry trends and relay client specific information as appropriate. Offer industry related materials for groups and private exchanges.
- Initiate quote process for new and alternate benefits for existing groups. Coordinate distribution, development and delivery of Request for Proposal requests from consultants for large case existing clients.
- Prepare proposal for delivery to brokers and clients and respond to related inquiries regarding existing client bases.
- Deliver renewals for existing large group clients to brokers, including exhibits, reports and supporting documents. Suggest alternate benefit offerings based on review of renewal rates.
- Identify, clearly communicate, develop and implement private exchange opportunities
- Attend employee meetings and Benefit Fairs. Prepare formal presentations and present employee benefits information when necessary.
- Initiate internal enrollment procedures for renewal business. Obtain complete documentation to insure enrollment process can be completed.
- Coordinate with clients, brokers and Account Executives (AE) throughout the enrollment process to insure smooth transition from the AE to account management.
- Conduct post-sale welcome calls to new clients.
- Respond to client and broker inquires. Research claims, enrollment, billing and other internal operational issues and resolve to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Serve as a mentor to the Account Manager and Client Support Specialist offering insight into best practices and process improvement opportunities to convert new business and serve existing accounts and key contacts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of Marketing, Sales and/or Account Management Administration experience (preferably in an insurance related environment) is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or a healthcare related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong customer relations skills including excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Extensive knowledge of benefits, underwriting requirements, reimbursement policies and procedures, and group contracts.
- Knowledge of automated claims processing systems and ability to interpret claims, benefits, and provider data from automated media.
- Demonstrated project and time management skills and ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments to completion.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications as well as CRM, for use in customer relationship, correspondence and project tracking.
- Iowa Health, Accident and Life License required or obtained within 90 days of hire
- Up to 30% travel in Iowa required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Delta Dental of Iowa is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons without unlawful regard of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, individuals with disabilities, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
EEOC Poster Supplement