The Stewardship Student Assistant will provide support to the Development team by assisting with various donor recognition and fundraising initiatives.
Coverage needs are between the hours of 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday-Friday, school calendar year or year-round, and is flexible around school schedule with Thursday mornings preferred. Student may work up to 20 hours per week.
Provide support to the Development team
- Assist with the production and printing of donor acknowledgement letters.
- Prepare and mail donor acknowledgements and recognition items in a timely manner.
- Assist with assembling plaques and boxes with appropriate stewardship pieces.
- Work with the Stewardship team to keep accurate inventory on gift recognition items and assist with restocking inventory.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Provide outstanding customer service
- Answer constituent phone calls, e-mails and walk-in visitors regarding gift questions while using internal database to verify constituent giving history.
- Process gifts made over the phone and in person accurately, promptly, and in compliance with Association policies for safeguarding constituent financial information.
- Respond to constituent e-mail inquiries regarding gift questions and other Fundraising matters.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities which may include:
- Actively contributing to efforts to achieve donor growth goal.
- Providing on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council Meetings.
- Participation on internal event and task committees.
- Participation in Association events including, but not limited to, All-Aggie Grad Party, Ring Delivery, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala and Game Day events, as needed.
- Represents The Association as needed at events.
Serves as an ambassador for The Association by meeting Team Expectations; supporting The Association’s fundraising, branding, and communications efforts; and fostering relationships with former students, current students, parents, faculty, staff and friends of Texas A&M.
Required: Current student at Texas A&M University with a minimum of one semester of attendance at College Station campus
Preferred: Student pursuing a degree from the Mays Business School or the Bush School of Government and Public Service with a focus on Non-Profit Management. Ability to remain in student position for a minimum of two years, in addition to working between semesters and holidays.
Required: Minimum of two years of work experience that included successful direct contact providing outstanding service to customers. Ability to prioritize and multitask with minimum supervision.
Required: Proficiency in using computer software applications, including MS Office and an ability to learn and use internal database. Ability to build and manage relationships with constituents. Outstanding organizational skills are essential. Proficiency in spoken and written English.
Required: Must be able to operate a keyboard, telephone, and computer. Frequent use of a computer monitor is required. Ability to perform occasional merge/mail tasks with envelopes and mailing labels required. Must be able to lift 25-35 pounds. Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Required: Ability to operate desktop computer, telephone, and networked printers/copiers/scanners. Understand how to save and distribute electronic files on a computer network.