We're Tovala, a food-tech company completely reinventing home cooking to save consumers time. Through an innovative combination of hardware, software, and food, we give our customers a way to enjoy really good, good-for-you meals without sacrificing time to do whatever matters to them. We've amassed a loyal, rapidly growing following in just a few years, radically changing the day-to-day lives of people across the country and successfully creating a new model for the food industry. We're looking for great people to join our team of hard-working, food-loving nerds.
About the Role
We’re looking for an Inventory Supervisor to join our team on a full-time basis. In this role you will oversee the inventory and warehouse teams. This person will be super organized and experienced in managing inventory, and inventory teams in food production facilities. This role is perfect for you if you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are interested in helping build out inventory processes and procedures for a growing tech company.
Note: This position reports to Inventory Manager and will be on-site 5 days a week at our production facility at 248 Tubeway Drive in Carol Stream
- Oversee management of inventory at both Tovala facilities, as well as outside storage locations.
- Ensure inventory is organized, accurate, and updated regularly to optimize efficiency.
- Maximize accuracy in receiving, storage, selection, and transfer of all raw and finished goods.
- Monitor PO tracking of any inbound and outbound products that hit our facility.
- Ensure our facilities abide by FIFO and/or FEFO processes.
- Work with the procurement team to accurately track inventory flow for COGS.
- Monitor and track Shrink as well as identify opportunities for reduction.
- Oversee WIP process, control access to inventory, and assist in weekly planning of inventory pull sheets.
- Oversee scheduling for hourly warehouse team members and management
- Track attendance and partner with HR to ensure warehouse associates are consistent and timely.
- Provide support in labor tracking, missed punches, daily labor reporting, overtime, etc.
- Provide support in hiring, interviewing, onboarding & termination of warehouse team members- ensuring a positive employee experience.
- Bachelors in Business, or a related field preferred.
- 1-3 years of inventory experience, preferably in a food production environment.
- Familiarity with WMS, ERP, Microsoft tools (Excel, Word), and Google Suite tools. Snapfulfil experience is a plus.
- You are a very organized person with attention to detail.
- You feel comfortable learning new processes, procedures, and operational functions, but know when to ask for support.
- You can pivot and adapt to change quickly. When faced with multiple priorities, you remain calm and collected.
- You communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
- You're interested in startups and excited to work in a fast-paced environment.
Perks of being a Tovala employee
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Paid time off that you're encouraged to take
- Transportation/health savings accounts
- A free Tovala Smart Oven and discounted Tovala Meals
- Frequent, not-lame company events
- Company swag (T-Shirts, Beanies, Jackets, etc.)