Job Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Reports To: Accounts Payable Supervisor
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt/Hourly $19-$21 per hour
Summary: This position is responsible for administering the accounts payable functions for a portfolio of homeowner associations managed by Hammersmith®. The Accounts Payable Specialist will handle several payable accounts with multiple deadlines at any given time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the accuracy of accounts payable data that is entered into the accounting system.
- Respond to accounts payable inquiries from vendors, boards, and employees.
- Perform research and analysis of vendor and legal invoices to determine the correct coding as defined by association budgets.
- Maintain accounts payable files.
- Work in cooperation with the Accounts Payable Supervisor and General Ledger Accountants to resolve issues and identify areas for improvement.
- Setup and process vendor ACH payments.
- Reconcile Association Petty Cash Receipts.
- Ensure that vendor is approved for payment by coordinating with the Vendor Insurance Specialist.
- Disburse checks to vendors.
- Process and monitor reserve payments; identify, research, and resolve any discrepancies.
- Review all association-related invoices submitted for payment and ensure that appropriate back-up documentation exists.
- Scan coded association invoices and payment requests to Community Association Managers; email managers scanned documents for approval.
- Generate one check run per month (or more as needed), and provide monthly check reports for each association.
- Attach checks to respective invoices and distribute for signature.
- Maintain an insurance log for Association vendors.
- Transfer/move scanned invoices to respective association payable folders.
- Track checks sent for two signatures; verify that the number of checks sent agree with the number of checks returned with signatures.
- Identify, track, notate, and monitor available funds for releasing checks.
- Monitor Information Sheets for completeness and timeliness.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Qualifications:
- Must possess personal values that are in alignment with those of the company: Excellence, Partnership, Professionalism, Integrity, and Life Balance
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Skill in attention to detail, decision-making, and problem-solving
- Skill in delivering excellent customer service
- Skill in organization and analytics
- Ability to read and interpret budgets, general ledgers, and financial reports
- Ability to be professional in appearance and presentation
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments
- Ability to utilize different computer software programs
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform duties with limited supervision
- Ability to build strong working relationships with the Accounts Payable team
Education and Experience:
- Minimum one year of accounts payable or related accounting experience required
- Two-year degree in Finance, Accounting or related business field preferred
- Experience in community management accounting preferred
- Work to make sure the Accounts Payable Team:
- Maintains “on-time” monthly payables completion rate of 100%.
- Responds to all communications both internally and externally within 72 hours.
- Ensure that all Community Insurance payments are made by their deadline with a completion rate of 100%.
- Compile portions of PSA metric data by the received request date with 100% on-time performance.
- This position operates in a professional office setting with usage of standard office equipment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position is largely sedentary and may require constant sitting with occasional standing/walking.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.