The Visiting Nurse Association, a division of Iowa Care Community, located in Iowa City, is looking to hire a Part Time or Full Time Physical Therapist to work with patients in the comfort of their own home.
1. Provides comprehensive physical therapy services to individuals and families in the home setting, evaluating functional abilities and developing a plan of intervention aimed at restoring and maximizing the patient's ability to perform physical tasks independently or with the use of aids (braces, crutches, prosthetic devices) and advises and consults with the patient and family.
2. Accepts primary care responsibilities and coordinates services of all disciplines as needed.
3. Plans, coordinates and provides services to special groups as assigned.
4. Complies with agency standards on visit productivity.
5. Complies with agency policies on frequency of home visits to meet individual and family needs.
6. Complies with agency policies regarding the maintenance and preparation of records and reports.
7. Provides patient medical, geographical, financial and statistical information as needed by the agency.
8. Manages a caseload or group of patients efficiently and effectively, reporting appropriately to the Clinical Services Manager, physician, etc.
9. Participates as necessary in orientation of new staff and in demonstrating of agency services to other staff, students and visitors.
10. Maintains knowledge of community resources, utilizes appropriately and coordinates services to meet needs of individuals and families.
11. Represents the agency in community activities, meetings as required.
12. Promotes optimal independence of patients while meeting their needs.
13. Participates in in-service programs as required, both as presenter and learner.
14. Participates in agency group meetings, staffing and projects as required.
15. Participates in evaluation of agency services as assigned.
16. Maintains, up-grades knowledge through continuing education programs, review of literature, etc., applicable to home and community health.
17. Seeks ways to develop physical therapy services as an integral part of home health care through marketing efforts and community networking as requested
18. Provides Safety assessment and training for VNA staff to prevent workplace injuries, and as part of the VNA Safety program for post-injury employees returning after an on-the-job injury.
Graduate from an approved School of Physical Therapy, licensed to practice in the State of Iowa.
One year experience providing direct patient services in a health care setting.
Car, driver's license and adequate insurance as outlined in the personnel policies.
All offers of employment are conditioned upon the result of a criminal background check conducted by the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, as required by law and a negative finding on the Office of Inspector General’s Excluded Provider List.
The job requires you to have the ability to lift 35 lbs from floor to counter 3 times (to simulate lifting into trunk of car). Lift 50 lbs from floor to counter 1 time. Lift 50 lbs from counter to floor 1 time. EE needs to be able to sit on floor fully and get back up.
Ability to carry 35 lbs up and down a flight of stairs.
Push/pull 35 lbs on a 2 wheel cart.
Must be able to reach, push, walk, go up and down stairs, drive, etc., with or without the use of assistive/adaptive devices.