The Visiting Nurse Association, a division of Iowa Care Community, is hiring a Part Time Speech Therapist to work with patients in the comfort of their home.
1. Provides comprehensive Speech Therapy services to individuals and families, assessing the patient in the home setting and advises/consults with the patient and family, making recommendations and/or initiating changes to facilitate communication and patient functioning within the home.
2. Accepts primary care responsibilities for Speech Therapy and coordinates services of all disciplines as needed.
3. Plans, coordinates and provides services to special groups as assigned.
4. Complies with agency standards on visit productivity.
5. Complies with agency policies on frequency of home visits to meet individual and family needs.
6. Complies with agency policies regarding the maintenance and preparation of records and reports.
7. Provides patient medical, geographical, financial and statistical information as needed by the agency.
Graduate from an approved School of Speech Therapy, registered and licensed in the State of Iowa.
One year experience providing direct patient service in a health care setting.
Car, driver's license and adequate insurance as outlined in the personnel policies is required.
All offers of employment are conditioned upon the result of a criminal background check conducted by the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, as required by law and a negative finding on the Office of Inspector General’s Excluded Provider List.