About Concern Worldwide
Concern Worldwide is an international humanitarian organization committed to the relief, assistance and advancement of the poorest people in the least developed countries of the world. Founded in Ireland in 1968, Concern Worldwide has nearly 4,000 personnel working in 24 countries across the globe. Concern believes in a world where no one lives in fear; where all have access to a decent standard of living and the opportunities essential to a long, healthy and creative life. Our mission is to help people living in absolute poverty achieve major improvements in their lives, improvements that are sustainable without ongoing support from Concern.
Concern envisions a world where no one lives in poverty, fear, or oppression where everyone can exercise their rights to a decent standard of living with equal access to opportunities. We believe in creating a culture of inclusion where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to the workplace. Building a diverse and inclusive team is an absolute necessity to deliver the solutions needed to achieve our core mission, because without promoting justice and equality, we cannot eliminate extreme poverty.
Concern Worldwide US (CUS) is an independent affiliate of Concern Worldwide, with offices in New York, Chicago and Los Angeles. CUS advances the Concern Worldwide mission through mobilizing financial and human resources, as well as influencing and activating networks in the US to elevate programs globally.
The Event Manager will play an integral role in supporting the execution of a portfolio of virtual and in-person events. This is an exciting opportunity to join a small but dynamic, growing, events team that delivers engaging, interactive events bringing donors closer to our mission while raising critical funds to make a real and lasting impact on those living in extreme poverty around the world.
Based out of Concern’s NY Office, this position will report to the Director of Special Events and work in close partnership with the Event Coordinator, Major Gifts, Individual Giving, Marketing and Communications Teams. This exciting opportunity is ideal for a highly motivated, self–starter event professional who is comfortable with multitasking. Flexibility and creativity are both required in day-to-day activities as is the ability to work in a demanding dynamic team environment.
- Work in collaboration with Director of Special Events, Event Coordinator, Development Coordinator, and other Concern staff and event committees to flawlessly execute events for Concern Worldwide US through the management of a portfolio of major annual events including Spring Run, Luncheons, golf tournaments, dinner galas as well as other donor cultivation events.
- Support the work of the event committees by preparing agendas, materials, meeting minutes and tracking outreach.
- Coordinate all event logistics including but not limited to sponsorship management and managing vendor relationships (event venues, AV/production companies, photographers, florists, etc.)
- With support of Director of Special Events, develop event strategies, timeline and revenue goals based on the operating plan that will drive income, increase donor retention and reduce costs.
- Create corporate partnership opportunities (sponsorship and in-kind gifts) for events and work closely with team to identify sponsors.
- Develop expense and revenue projections for events, creating the maximum return on investment and maintaining a low cost per dollar raised.
- Work collaboratively with committees and vendors.
- Manage onsite execution of run of show and event day logistics.
- Manage and oversee budget reconciliation, donor invoicing, and acknowledgements.
- Gather competitive event analysis and market research.
- Provide regular analysis and reporting of event revenue goals against projections and post-event reporting and analysis.
- Maintain records of event content and expenses.
- Work with support staff to ensure invoices are processed for payment, and properly coded with Finance.
- Prepare event collateral including invitations, programs, run of show, volunteer descriptions, seating plan, table cards, and guest biographies.
- Identify content and concept of event email campaigns, print materials and oversee production to ensure design adheres to Concern’s brand and vision.
- Liaise with designer and printer to ensure timely delivery of materials.
- Work cross functionally with Directors of Special Events, Communications and Marketing to develop speeches, press, social media strategy for events and event web updates.
Volunteers and Event Prospecting
- Work collaboratively with Director of Special Events and Major Gifts team and on pre-event planning, including committee recruitment, and post event follow-up to ensure coordination of event solicitations and timely donor acknowledgments.
- Provide support as needed to Major Gift team to solicit event donors
- Play a role in coordinating team’s research and tracking of prospective sponsors, honorees, chairs, co-chairs, honorary chairs, award presenters and other event participants.
- Recruit, manage, and retain volunteers and staffing for events.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with staff members and volunteers in a spirit of teamwork and collaboration.
- Exercise excellent judgment while handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Represent Concern as needed at external, networking opportunities and events.