Colorado Oral Surgery Group, located in Colorado Springs, Colorado is hiring a full-time Oral Surgery Dental Assistant. We are offering a $1,000.00 sign on bonus and interviewing as early as this week. We are growing and looking to add to our team of Surgical Assistants with a full-time Oral Surgery Assistant. This is an immediate opportunity to work in our location in the Colorado Springs location located near Powers and Barnes.
At Colorado Oral Surgery Group, YOU are the most important resource to fulfill our vision to be the patient experience industry leader. We nurture and support the professional and personal aspirations of each individual on the team and grow together as a company.
Under general supervision, our Oral Surgery Assistant will be responsible for the following responsibilities:
- Assist surgeon with general anesthesia and IV sedation procedures.
- Inform patients on pre-op and post-op instructions.
- Provide diagnostic information through x-rays, dental impressions, and casts.
- Maintain patient's vital statistics and intravenous fluids during surgery. Document treatment by charting in patient's records. . Passing surgical tools, surgical dressing preparation, and suture/debris removal.
- Ensure the patient does not breathe in fluids during the procedure through constant monitoring.
- Protect the patient’s lips, cheeks, and tongue from unnecessary injury.
- Sterilization of equipment and materials.
- Obtain proper consent forms regarding surgery and updating patient health history.
- Setting up of surgical suite by the type of procedure being planned.
- Preparing patients by obtaining and recording the patient’s vital signs.
- Attach relevant monitoring equipment in preparation for surgery.
- Re-sterilization of equipment and returning them to their proper places.
- Continued monitoring of vital signs and instruction on post-operation care with patient and or chaperone.
- Help recover patients from sedation and anesthesia.
- Record treatment charts.
We offer a complete benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K (matching) PTO, holiday pay, bonus opportunities, continuing education, professional development, and more.
- 2 or more years experience in Oral or Periodontal surgery
- DAANCE certified or willing to obtain within 6 months
- Ability to take direction from an oral surgeon/Office Manager
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment, and detail oriented.
- Good manual dexterity and ability to stand for long periods.
- Should be reliable and have strong interpersonal communication skills. Computers and Technology and dental equipment