Do you have the passion to join a group whose mission is to pioneer the discovery of a new class of medicines to treat diseases unaddressed by today’s medicines? Does it excite you to be a part of a company with a focus on cancer and genetically-validated targets in other disease areas with unmet medical need? If yes, you may be a great fit to join Arrakis on our path to bring powerful new therapies to millions of patients.
Your Impact at Arrakis
The mission of Arrakis Therapeutics is to extend small molecule medicines into new realms of biology by discovering and developing compounds that selectively target RNA (“rSM”). By targeting distinct RNA structure/function relationships, Arrakis is generating drug candidates with novel mechanisms of action for molecular targets that are challenging to drug in disease areas with high unmet medical need.
The Arrakis platform is well suited for next generation anti-viral therapeutics. This role will be a key scientific leader, bringing their virology and infectious disease experience and expertise to Arrakis. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a collaborative, fast-paced start-up environment, leveraging a high degree of integrity, creativity, and innovation.
- Leverage a deep understanding of virology and infectious disease to lead efforts for the identification of therapeutic intervention points in RNA biology, proof-of-concept validation of therapeutic MOAs, and mechanistic understanding of small molecule therapeutic candidates
- Lead efforts to design, build, and validate in-vitro and cell-based assays to support a target identification and validation pipeline, hit-to-lead programs, and mechanism of action studies
- Design and lead experiments to support the progression of Arrakis' pipeline and provide input and insights to shape the future pipeline
- Work effectively in a cross-functional capacity with the RNA biology, bioinformatics, assay development, and chemistry teams to deliver high-quality results and drive program decisions in an efficient manner.
- Effectively document and communicate scientific proposals and experimental outcomes across the organization.
Interested in learning more about Arrakis? Click on the links below!
Dark Matter Blog: Arrakis achieves escape velocity
Dark Matter Blog: Following our pole star
Arrakis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, military service, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Ph.D. in biological sciences
- 5+ years of relevant experience required, with industry experience desired
- Strong foundational knowledge of virology and infectious disease
- Expertise in cell-based assays and experience with in vitro models for infectious disease for drug discovery
- Proven track record of scientific innovation, as demonstrated by peer reviewed publications and/or and patents.
- Ability to convince others to pursue a course of action and to communicate the big picture in an inspiring way.
- Proactive and efficient to enable high-quality results while fostering a positive work environment.
- Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude without losing objectivity.
- Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions and copes effectively with complexity and change.