Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance is the largest orthopaedic surgery group in Nashville and Middle Tennessee. TOA concentrates on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders and injuries of the musculoskeletal system which allow our patients to live their best life. Ninety plus years later we are advancing the practice of orthopaedic surgery throughout the state.
There are a number of reasons why TOA is an employer of choice; here are a few of them:
- Stability - TOA has been in Middle Tennessee since 1926 and has expanded to nearly 20 locations!
- Impact - TOA’s team members use our careers – whether in our clinics or our business office – to make a positive difference in the community by building relationships and helping patients live their best life.
- Work Environment - The TOA team focuses on fostering an excellent working environment; one of positivity, collaboration, job satisfaction, and engagement.
- Total Rewards - TOA offers competitive salaries based on the current Middle Tennessee wage market, plus a comprehensive suite of benefits, including Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off, and more. Our 401(k) plan provides a company match, safe harbor match and profit sharing match to go along with your contributions.
The Surgery Scheduler is responsible for coordinating and scheduling surgeries, ensuring a professional and courteous environment for patients and staff.
- Coordinate and schedule surgeries, follow-up appointments as designated by physicians
- Interact with patients’ physicians and other staff both with the Clinic and at outside facilities providing accurate timely and responsive information
- Coordinate processes and route all paperwork as required to meet physician and facility requirements
- Ensure efficient telephone communication
- Follow all written protocols and procedures of the Clinic
- Demonstrate courtesy and helpfulness toward patients and their families
- Schedule mutually acceptable appointment times for patients and physicians using computerized scheduling system
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Understanding medical terminology
- ICD-9/CPT coding familiarity
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with computers
TOA is an equal opportunity employer. TOA conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers