Job Title: Night Watchperson
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
Classification: Non Exempt/Hourly $18-$20 per hour Part Time & Full Time available
To consciously, specifically, intentionally practice our Core Values, Mission and Vision Statement, and Our Shared Commitment daily.
Guard, patrol, or monitor premises and equipment to prevent theft, violence, or infractions of rules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Secures premises by patrolling property, closing/locking designated exterior gates, monitors equipment and pressure gauges of building systems, performs interior inspection of buildings, and access points.
· Watches for and reports irregularities such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes, and doors left unlocked.
· Calls police, fire department or Maintenance Manager by telephone in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons. “Observe and report.”
· Records data such as property damage, unusual occurrences, and malfunctioning of machinery or equipment.
· Complies with all applicable safety policies and procedures.
· Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
· Must excel in creative problem solving.
· Work with a high sense of urgency.
· Be accountable for results.
Core Competencies: (To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies):
· Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
· Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
· Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
· Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
· Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback
· Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions
· Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
· Attention to Detail - Total task accomplishment through concern for all areas involved, no matter how small.
· Research/Analysis - gathering information from various sources, comparing and weighing information to make logical decisions.
· Initiative - Attempts to influence events and achieve goals; self-starting rather than passive acceptance. Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is necessarily called for.
· Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
· Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
· Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness in varying environments, tasks, responsibilities or people.
Qualifications and Other Requirements:
· Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements and use of equipment.
· Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
· Ability to build strong working relationships with team members
· Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments
· Ability to perform assigned tasks and follow up with corrections where needed
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of residents and company information
· Ability to ensure security of the property
· Ability to perform duties with limited supervision
· Ability to see details at a distance
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Associate Degree, preferred
- Minimum 1-3 years maintenance experience required