About the Organization
Capital Impact and CDC Small Business Finance recently formed a new enterprise to advance solutions that address social and economic inequality. Together we will focus on holistic economic and community development at scale with a focus on people and place. At the core, our suite of products and services, experience, and scope will foster equitable job creation, wealth building, and economic mobility.
The Director of Marketing and Content plays a key role in developing and executing on strategies that support brand awareness and organizational goals for the parent brand under development for the new enterprise, as well as all existing sub-brands and future brands that will be created. This includes CDC Small Business Finance, Capital Impact Partners, Ventures, California Southern, and CDC Capital Markets. In some of these instances, the position will play a supporting role.
This position regularly engages with senior leaders across the enterprise to understand key strategic themes and company outcomes to ensure those are integrated into B2B and B2C marketing and communications strategies. This position further supports these groups by providing counsel on key messaging and marcomm strategies.
This position reports to the Sr. Director of Brand, Marketing, and Communications who oversees the overall strategic direction of the team. The Senior Marketing and Content Strategist manages and supports two positions including the marketing strategist and content specialist. In addition, this position will engage with members across the MarComm team, as well as external vendors, to ensure a holistic approach to our efforts.
This person hired for this position can be based out of one of our key geographic regions on the West Coast with a preference for the Los Angeles Metropolitan Region or San Diego (the headquarters of CDC Small Business Finance). However, this position may be required to alter hours as necessary to engage with staff across a variety of time zones.
· Develop and lead tailored marketing strategies and campaigns to support each of the business development, sales, investment, and programmatic teams across the enterprise in meeting their goals by promoting priority products and services to target audiences through a variety of online and in-person channels.
· Develop and lead tailored marketing strategies to support the launch of new lending, investment, and programmatic products and programs.
· Support marketing and communications strategies that further overall brand awareness.
· Manage user experience of websites to ensure they support high-quality lead generation and create sales funnel that facilitate customer journeys to achieve desired outcomes.
· Oversee development of sales and product collateral including fact sheets, graphics, video and photo selection from company library or stock imagery platforms, and other printed and digital materials as necessary. Ensure all materials adhere to brand guidelines.
· Oversee customer review program to leverage positive ratings and promote outstanding customer service and offerings through a variety of tactics. Monitor and work with sales team to respond to poor ratings.
· Engage and educate staff to leverage their personal networks and digital channels to amplify marketing strategies.
· Analyze and report on the performance and efficiency of campaigns
· Develop long-term plan to increase B2C marketing in consultation with sales teams’ goals.
Communications & Thought Leadership:
· Develop content that properly positions our mission-based efforts with communities and small business entrepreneurs to create social impact. Ensure language is created with an asset-framing approach.
· Develop content that can be used across enterprise and third party channels to position the enterprise as a thought leader, advocate for key policies, and support fundraising efforts.
· Develop and manage customer-centric content to be used across the enterprise’s breadth of print and digital channels including, but not limited to multiple websites, a robust and multifaceted enewsletter strategy (including multiple weekly and monthly segmented eNewsletter sends), corporate blogs and business tips, print and video success stories, checklists, infographics, e-books, guides, marketing collateral, and slideshow stories.
· Ensure user experience of website allows for easy navigation to key content areas.
· Oversee social media channel activities to continuously build community of followers, promote engagement, and insert our brand into relevant conversations.
· Support staff participation and key message development at conferences and convenings.
Customer, Product, and Data Analysis & Insight:
· Conduct research to develop customer segmentation and marketing persona reports for all key audience segments (existing and new) to inform and improve existing and new marketing strategies.
· Research and identify new market segments, trends, and new opportunities. Conduct yearly competitive analysis report of organizations offering similar products and services.
· Track, analyze and optimize data across websites and blogs, SEO strategy, social media, email marketing, and A/B testing to inform effectiveness of current strategies and improvement of future strategies.
· Consult on, monitor, and engage with paid advertising, both print and online.
· Cultivate deep knowledge base of our products and offerings and products, geographic area nuances (with a focus and understanding of engaging efforts to support communities of color), and how to manage our messages as they relate to key partners, organizations, and agencies such as the Small Business Association (SBA), Opportunity Finance Network (OFN), etc.
Personnel Management and Collaboration:
· Provide leadership and management to marketing and content strategists. Offer support and guidance as a communicative, accessible manager, working to grow their skills over time. Oversee team’s capacity and priorities.
· Actively collaborate with marketing and communications team members across the enterprise.
· Lead the search for and management of external vendors as necessary.
· Support the development and management of the marketing and content budget.
· Passionate about our mission to support equitable and inclusive communities.
· Bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration, communications, or a related field
· Experience managing high-performing teams
· Minimum of five years actively managing marketing campaigns with the ability to illustrate processes and results achieved.
· Strong communication and writing skills with knowledge of asset-framed writing and photo/video selection. Ability to utilize a conversational and engaging writing style that creates an emotional connection between our brand and our customers, partners and communities
· Ability to write, proofread, and edit creative and technical content across different print and digital mediums
· Experience working with graphic design platforms such as Canva, Adobe creative suite, etc.
· Knowledge of how to utilize marketing and analytics tools such as Marketo, Google Analytics, CRM systems (e.g. Salesforce), and content management systems