As one of the pre-eminent Lending as a Service (LaaS) companies, Vervent sets the global standard for outperformance by delivering superior expertise, future-built technology, and meaningful services. We support our industry-leading partners with primary strategic services including Loan & Lease Servicing, Call Center Services, Backup Servicing/Capital Markets Support, Credit Card Servicing, and Card Marketing & Customer Acquisition. Vervent empowers companies to accelerate business, drive compliance, and maximize service.
General Position Summary:
The Credit Risk Analyst will assist in the development and maintenance of full reporting, predictive and analytical suites related Vervent’s various credit portfolios. The Analyst will be expected to facilitate full account life cycle reporting which includes Marketing, Acquisition, Underwriting, Account Management, Collections, and Recovery activities. Additionally, the Analyst will assist in the development & analysis of predictive models, underwriting and marketing campaigns.
Here are the top 3 things we're looking for in a candidate for this position, in this order. If you have this experience and are looking for an awesome, fast-growing team, we want to meet you!
1. Familiarity with SQL Server and T-SQL
2. Analytical Experience
3. Reporting Experience (SSRS Preferred)
• Medical - Blue Shield
• FSA & HSA options available
• Dental - Metlife
• Vision - Metlife - 100% paid by Vervent
• 401k - 100% vested once you start contributing. Generous company match!
• EAP (Employee Assistance Program) - 100% paid by Vervent
• Basic Life & AD&D - 100% paid by Vervent
• Voluntary Life - Employee, spouse & dependents
• Long-Term Disability - 100% paid by Vervent
• Short-Term Disability
• Critical Illness Insurance
• Accident Insurance
• Hospital Indemnity Insurance
• Legal Services
• Pet Insurance
- Implement, monitor, and report upon various strategies along the life cycle of various portfolios.
- Build new predictive models as well as analyze and enhance existing models.
- Create reporting for internal and external clients via SSRS, SSIS, & other methods.
- Develop, monitor, and analyze underwriting, marketing, and collection processes.
- Degree in a relevant program such as Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Business Intelligence, or other closely related program preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- One to three years of job-related experience in a credit card/financial services environment is preferred.
- Familiarity with a programing language such as T-SQL, Python, R or an equivalent required.
- Familiarity with statistical modeling using Python, R, SAS or an equivalent preferred but not required.
- Proficient knowledge of standard office equipment including PC skills with emphasis using Microsoft products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
The work is of an intellectual nature. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is required to stand and sit for prolonged periods. Specific vision abilities required include close and medium distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal sounds, distinguish sound as voice and communicate through human speech. This position requires the ability to operate a keyboard, computer mouse, telephone, fax, copier, writing tools, and other standard office equipment. On an occasion, an employee will be asked to lift items weighing up to 35 lbs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.