Alert Innovation is a 2-year-old startup on a mission to re-invent retailing through robotics. Having partnered with world’s largest retailer to develop our revolutionary Alphabot® technology, we have an enormous market opportunity in front of us and are now beginning to scale the company by hiring exceptional people who love their work, want it to be meaningful, strive for excellence, and thrive in a highly collaborative team-oriented culture.
WHY AN INSTALLATION TECHNICAL LEAD (MECHANICAL)?
Full Time, Exempt
The Technical Lead (Mechanical) will have responsibility for the technical aspects of the complete installation of Alert Innovation’s storage & retrieval structure at customer sites.
This position will perform the critical role of providing the technical expertise required to ensure that the combination of subcontractors and Alert Innovation employees complete installation of the Alphabot structure in compliance with all critical parameters such that there is a defect free hand off to the Alert commissioning team.
This position requires a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual who cares deeply about their own and their team’s success and has strong technical, interpersonal, problem solving skills. Due to the fast-paced and dynamic nature of the work, the right candidate will possess the ability to maintain order amidst chaos, adapt easily to change, maintain focus on the objective, operate with minimal supervision and thrive under the pressure of challenging deadlines.
Alert Innovation offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package, including an equity stake in our growing company.
WHAT WILL YOU LOVE?
- Being a part of an organization that is innovative in both its products and the design of the organization.
- Being a partner in the realization of our vision of a high-performance culture in an adaptable organization.
- Working in a fast paced, flexible environment where there is no wrong answer and everyone works for the same team.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Guide subcontractors in proper interpretation of system documentation.
- Troubleshoot installation & material problems/issues.
- Lead the technical “request for information” process during execution of the installation.
- Lead the Alert installation team in the use of the Faro Laser Tracker (High Accuracy 3D Measurement System).
- Lead the execution of the installation QA/QC plan.
- Contribute to continuous improvement by suggesting and implementing procedural changes targeting improving the quality of the installation.
- Contribute to team effort with hands on installation activities as required to accomplish daily productivity goals.
- Oversees and approves site deviations via the Quality System, ensures documentation is maintained.
- Travels throughout North America to support site installations and upgrades (75+% travel).
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, specifications, bills of materials and work instructions.
- Ability to solve technical problems in a timely manner with minimal support.
- Strong mechanical technical aptitude.
- Ability to react to changing conditions & work to aggressive deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project & Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to effectively communicate at all levels (with internal and external customers, engineers, technicians & tradespersons) in written, verbal & presentation formats.
- Ability to maintain focus on project goals in the face of schedule pressure and challenging conditions.
- Ability to work collaboratively to achieve project goals.
- Willingness to accept ownership for project goals.
- Willingness to perform any and all tasks necessary to achieve project goals.
- Self-motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision to achieve aggressive project goals.
- Ability & willingness to travel to remote customer sites.
- BS in Engineering preferred but not required.
- 5+ years relevant experience (commercial and industrial construction) in a similar role and level of responsibility.
WHAT ARE CORE VALUES?
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: “Treat others as you would want to be treated”.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create “performance synergy”, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members’ capacities.
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.