Norfolk Hardware & Home Center is seeing record customers and we are so excited to be able to provide the product & services needed to the community. NHHC takes pride in being the local place to shop for all your DIY needs and we are growing our team.
The Cashier Customer Service Associate is a key piece to the overall customer experience. It is the last opportunity we have to ensure the customer was able to find all the items they were looking to buy and answer any questions. To be successful in the Cashier Customer Service role, you will have a can-do attitude, be friendly, and have the desire to provide excellent service to our customers. Be part of a long standing, family owned business with opportunity to learn and grow in the hardware/home center industry. Norfolk Companies is very diverse with other businesses and plenty of opportunity for learning and growth.
The rate of pay is $15.00/per hour.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to:
• Be Efficient - Ring up customers' purchases quickly and accurately, handle cash, checks, and credit card transactions per company policy.
• Be Proactive - assist customers by answering questions, directing them to items in the store, or inquires via phone.
• Be a Team Player - Work together as a team to assist other cashiers when needed and identify possible shrinkage by point out items on carts or under carriages they may not be able to see.
• Be Organized - Keep register area clean and stocked with bags, register tape, pens, etc.
• Be Reliable - Regular, on-time attendance is an essential function of this job.
• Be Positive & Friendly - Maintain a positive image as a Norfolk employee and address all situations in a professional manner.
• Be Customer Focused - Ask questions, interact with customers, create a Positive Customer Experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities.
• Good communication and customer service skills via face to face and phone, with a varying customer base
• Ability to work in a team environment with limited supervision
• Good computer skills
• Ability to assist customers with product inquiries
• Ability to complete basic math
Education and Experience
• 1+ year customer service/cashier experience (preferable with one employer)
• Hardware store experience desired
• Neat and presentable appearance
• Professional demeanor
• Able to stand for long periods
• Frequently needed to walk the store and occasionally climb sstep stoolor ladder
• Able to communicate verbally with customers
• Able to read computer screen and price tags with small print
• Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
• Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.