About the Role:
The Project Accountant is an integral part of the construction accounting team and will report to the Controller. This position is responsible for day-to-day details of Billings, Invoicing, and Commitment Management. Additional responsibilities include assisting other members of the accounting team with workloads, reconciliations & special projects. The Project Accountant also helps facilitate operational excellence & high performance within the accounting team from both an accounting & operations standpoint.
- Responsible for monthly project billings including review of subcontractor pay applications, commitments, and invoices, as well as the compilation of owner billings
- Daily collaboration with project managers
- Assist project managers with project cost reporting
- Report monthly billing status for the office
- Perform project use tax audits
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of process improvements to the billing cycle
Qualifications – Desired Education, Skills, and Experience:
- 2+ years construction accounting experience preferred
- A thorough knowledge of standard contract terms
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including proficient in Microsoft Excel
- CMiC and Oracle Textura software experience desired
- A passion for excellence in customer service
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to take ownership of projects with high-quality results
- Strong communication, time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities, and see projects through to completion
Base Salary Range: starting at $55,000 and pay is commensurate on technical skills and experience
Brinkman Construction is committed to finding top talent from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, to provide broad and inclusive decision-making for future success.
This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons. Brinkman Construction also makes internal equity a consideration in all pay decisions.
About Our Company:
With offices in both Fort Collins and Denver, Brinkman Construction is a 100% employee-owned company with projects spanning the entire Front Range. Since our founding in 2005, we have been the recipient of industry accolades such as Best Commercial Builder Runner-Up, Small Business of the Year, Entrepreneur of the Year, Bravo Emerging Entrepreneur, Best Start-Up Company of the Year, and innumerable project-based awards, including Best Adaptive Reuse Project for The Exchange and Best Building Project for the Eating Recovery Center.
Our Core Values:
At Brinkman Construction, we’re Driven to Build, and our core values are the cornerstone of our success. They shape our culture, define our character, inform our vision and empower us to deliver on our mission.
Honest and Ethical
We are committed to attracting creative, collaborative construction professionals who exemplify our core values, our culture and are empowered to contribute to - and benefit from - the growth and success of the organization.
Our Value Proposition:
Brinkman Construction employs a robust Total Rewards Strategy comprised of competitive compensation, profit-sharing, spot-bonuses, and our acclaimed Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), alongside flexible benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, tax-advantaged Health Savings Accounts, short-and-long-term disability, ancillary insurance plans, and a 401(k) match.
We also offer generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid parental leave, and deliver on our commitment to making a positive impact in the communities where we live, work, and play through our Volunteer Time Off and Brinkman Gives programs.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Please note that Brinkman Construction does not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles from recruiters or employment agencies without a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement in place. In the absence of such an agreement, Brinkman explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire any candidate presented, without any financial obligation for recruiter commission or referral compensation. Any unsolicited resumes and/or candidate profiles presented by recruiters or employment agencies – including those presented directly to hiring managers – are deemed to be the property of Brinkman Construction.