Alert Innovation is a 2-year-old startup on a mission to re-invent retailing through robotics. Having partnered with world’s largest retailer to develop our revolutionary Alphabot® technology, we have an enormous market opportunity in front of us and are now beginning to scale the company by hiring exceptional people who love their work, want it to be meaningful, strive for excellence, and thrive in a highly collaborative team-oriented culture.
WHY A DEPLOYMENT TEAM LEAD?
Full Time, Exempt
The Deployment Team Lead will have overall responsibility for the safe, accurate and efficient installation of Alert Innovation’s storage & retrieval structure at customer sites.
This position will perform the critical role of coordinating a combination of subcontractors and Alert Innovation employees in all jobsite activities from the receipt of components thru to the completed installation of the Alphabot structure.
This position requires a self motivated and enthusiastic individual who cares deeply about their own and their team’s success and has strong leadership, interpersonal, planning and problem solving skills. Due to the fast-paced and dynamic nature of the work, the right candidate will possess the ability to maintain order amidst chaos, adapt easily to change, maintain focus on the objective, operate with minimal supervision and thrive under the pressure of challenging deadlines.
Alert Innovation offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package, including an equity stake in our growing company.
WHAT WILL YOU LOVE?
- Being a part of an organization that is innovative in both its products and the design of the organization.
- Being a partner in the realization of our vision of a high-performance culture in an adaptable organization.
- Working in a fast paced, flexible environment where there is no wrong answer and everyone works for the same team.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Ensure that installation team (both Alert employees and subcontractors) understand and abide by all relevant safety rules and procedures.
- Plan activities and resources as required to meet or exceed installation project metrics such as estimate creation, budget attainment, quality, and on time completion.
- Anticipate and resolve field issues to mitigate potential impact on project deliverables.
- Develop, maintain and report on detailed installation schedules and job status.
- Collaborate with internal and external resources to ensure that project goals are achieved.
- Develop and execute field logistics plan which includes material receipt, staging and subassembly.
- Manage commercial issues with subcontractors (such as change requests & pay applications).
- Contribute to continuous improvement by suggesting and implementing procedural changes targeting improved installation performance metrics.
- Supervise Alert employees on the installation team.
- Provide guidance/mentoring to less experienced team members.
- Contribute to team effort with hands on installation activities as required to accomplish daily productivity goals.
- Answer technical questions during the installation.
- Contribute to team effort with hands-on activities to meet daily productivity goals.
- Oversee and approve site deviations, ensures documentation is maintained.
- Travel throughout North America to support site installations and upgrades (75+% travel).
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Ability to lead a team and work collaboratively to achieve project goals.
- Ability to develop and manage to a project plan, establish priorities, react to changing conditions & work to aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, specifications, bills of materials and work instructions.
- Ability to solve technical problems in a timely manner with minimal support.
- Ability to react to changing conditions & work to aggressive deadlines.
- Multidisciplinary (mechanical & electrical) technical aptitude.
- Working knowledge of contract administration and negotiation.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project & Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to effectively communicate at all levels (with internal and external customers, engineers, technicians & tradespersons) in written, verbal & presentation formats.
- Ability to maintain focus on project goals in the face of schedule pressure and challenging conditions.
- Ability to work collaboratively to achieve project goals.
- Willingness to accept ownership for project goals.
- Willingness to perform any and all tasks necessary to achieve project goals.
- Self-motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision to achieve aggressive project goals.
- Ability & willingness to travel to remote customer sites.
- BS in Engineering or Construction Management preferred but not required.
- 5+ years relevant experience (commercial and industrial construction) in a similar role and level of responsibility.
WHAT ARE OUR CORE VALUES?
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: “Treat others as you would want to be treated”.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create “performance synergy”, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members’ capacities.
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.