The National Center for Youth Law (NCYL) works to amplify youth power, dismantle racism and other structural inequities, and build just policies, practices, and culture in support of young people. Our efforts advance justice through research, community collaboration, impact litigation, and policy advocacy that fundamentally transforms our nation's approach to education, health, immigration, foster care, and youth justice. Our vision is a world in which every young person thrives and has a full and fair opportunity to achieve the future they envision for themselves.
NCYL’s 8-member Operations Team includes Human Resources, IT, Finance, and administrative functions and is led by the Deputy Director of Operations & Finance. This fun-loving and energetic team supports NCYL’s work and staff across all departments and locations. Its goal is to equitably and strategically build and implement systems and processes to reduce barriers for employees and support the business goals of the organization.
NCYL seeks a Senior Administrative Associate to provide administrative and project support to the Operations Team and a variety of cross-organizational committees. This person will also provide facility management to NCYL’s Oakland office and other offices, and will coordinate events, meetings, and travel. This person will have a strong attention to detail and well-developed interpersonal skills. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about how organizations support teams.
- Provide multi-faceted administrative support and assistance to the Operations Team, including HR, IT, accounting and facilities.
- Provide logistical and administrative support to the board of directors and NCYL’s committees, including the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee, Executive Committee, Covid Internal Response Team, etc.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, travel, and other organizational events.
- Provide informed responses to routine inquiries from external and internal sources.
- Provide facilities management including interfacing with building management and coordinating the opening and closing of NCYL offices.
- Function as the primary office manager for the Oakland office and provide office management oversight and coordination with other NCYL offices.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience providing administrative support, including office and project management.
- Ability to manage a wide range of administrative and support tasks across the entire organization.
- Ability to independently initiate and implement processes to manage projects, information and people.
- Ability to use a racial justice lens with a commitment to work in, and contribute to, a diverse workplace.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and strategic relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects, tasks and prioritize so deadlines are met.
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful by gathering and analyzing information then creating work product from the information.
Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Ability to lift a 15-lb. package.
Salary and Location
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Salary is competitive at $70,828.00 annually.
This job will require occasional travel. While most of NCYL staff will work remotely through 2022, this position will work out of the Oakland office 5-days a week, with the option to work from home 1-day per week after the 90-day introductory period.
NCYL provides a robust benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, generous vacation and sick benefits, flexible spending account, commuter benefits, employer contribution to a retirement plan, and short-term and long-term disability insurance.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please, no calls or emails.