We are in search of experienced candidates who have both accounts payable and receivable experience as we are looking to strengthen our Finance team. Based on volume of work and time of month, this position will have variety working on accounts payable as well as accounts receivable functions.
Our team of 6 supports the several businesses which make up The Norfolk Companies, Inc. and consists of Norfolk Hardware and Home Center, Norfolk Kitchen and Bath of MA and NH, and Northeast Cabinet and Countertop Distributors. Norfolk Hardware and Home Center is a full-service hardware store and home center located in Boston.
We have been fortunate and through our diverse business, continue to grow. We are working in-person and this role is based at our newly renovated office in Braintree. This position provides the opportunity to learn and work with a great team of people. This role reports to our Controller and will be responsible for performing accounting and administrative tasks as it relates to the efficient maintenance, processing and collection of outstanding accounts receivable on customer accounts, accounts payable processing and vendor communication, as well as company billing, and order cleanup.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Solid understanding of collection practices, techniques and applicable laws
- Aptitude for math and able to utilize Excel for work efficiency including downloads and basic data manipulation
- Being able to work and engage in a team environment, with a Company-growth mindset.
- Self-motivated to drive achievement of department and company goals
- Detailed, organized in work processes
- Clear oral and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Professional, customer and associate-friendly phone etiquette
Education and Experience
- 3+ year Accounts Receivable and collections experience in a multi-company structure
- 2+ year Accounts Payable processing experience
- Experience working with Great Plains software, preferred
- Aptitude to learn company ERP system (BisTrack)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Excel, Outlook
- Associate degree in accounting/business management or equivalent
- Valid drivers license as may be required to pick up payments from customer sites
- Able to sit for long periods of time
- Able to stoop, bend for filing
- Regularly required to talk and hear through customer interactions
- Starting time of 7am to coincide with hardware store hours is required
The Norfolk Companies provide competitive benefits including medical & dental insurance, 401k with a generous company match, Paid Time Off, uniforms, free company fitness center (at our Braintree location) and voluntary vision, life & short-term disability insurance.