The Registration Clerk is responsible for the proper and efficient registration of inpatients and outpatients. The position is responsible for ensuring that the patient is dispatched to the appropriate area upon completion of the registration process
- Primarily working outside in the COVID Swabbing Tent
- Greets, assists or directs patients appropriately.
- Obtains complete patient name, address, birthdate, SS#, employer, next of kin and person to notify using correct spelling and correct postal regulations for address. Collects patients preferred pharmacy.
- Collecting accurate billing information including guarantor information, correct mnemonic for insurance, policy number, etc.
- Appropriately selecting correct patient, class, entering correct location and or service according to type of registration, occurrence codes, admission source, condition codes, and adding comments as needed – i.e. no cards, accident details, U.R. calls, etc
- Accurately completing consents for different patient classes and distributing to correct areas, making labels and identification bracelets for appropriate patients.
- Completes necessary charts/forms and routes to appropriate individuals and departments, (i.e., Workmen’s Compensation, Insurance Forms, Trauma calls, Advance Directives, Patient Rights).
- Collects co-payments, other patient financial responsibilities. Follows established procedure in recording payments received, preparing receipts, handling cash and balancing cash drawer.
- Appropriately uses Etactics to verify patients insurance.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Previous work experience in a physician office or hospital.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must demonstrate patience and tact when interacting with patients and their families.
- Must be highly motivated and willing to assume additional jobs and duties as needed.
- Must be able to handle stress of working efficiently with frequent interruptions and distractions.
- Hours must be flexible to accommodate for unscheduled events.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Must have clinical knowledge.
- Sitting 4-8 hours a day
- Occasionally lift up to 20 pounds
- Wrist deviation (side to side and up and down) 4-8 hours a day