Status: Full Time
Location: Missoula MT, Helena MT, Boise ID, Seattle WA.
Compensation: 75K-100K BOE
Job Description Summary:
NewFields is seeking a Senior/Project Geochemist to join our team. Responsibilities for this position include preparing technical scopes of work, conducting field investigations, analyzing data and reporting to support the needs of domestic and international clients in the mining industry. The person in this position will manage clients, projects, and staff. This position requires superior written and verbal communication skills to effectively interface with staff personnel, clients, and vendors. An employee in this position is expected to work as a member of diverse project teams and accomplish specific tasks in a fast-paced environment
NewFields is an environmental science, engineering, and consulting firm. We provide our clients with access to a world-wide network of recognized experts and professionals in data analytics, social and health impact, environmental sciences and permitting, remediation design, extractive resource design, construction and program management, and litigation support. Our talented staff is a diverse group of accomplished individuals, most of whom are senior level engineers, scientists, and specialists who offer their client base both practical and strategic solutions to obtaining resources needed by society while protecting, preserving, and restoring the environment.
Education Requirement: A master’s degree in chemistry, geochemistry or related fields such as geology, or hydrogeology with an emphasis in chemistry. A PhD is preferred.
Experience Requirement: Ten years of experience working in the mining sector or a graduate degree and seven years of experience.
Software: Position requires applicant to have working knowledge of Microsoft Office© software including Access, excel, word and outlook. Additionally, candidate should be familiar with geochemist’s workbench and ESRI ArcMap. Proficiency using modeling programs such as PHREEQC is advantageous.
Potential Travel: Travel to domestic and international project sites.
Physical Demands: Position may require sitting for long periods of time, extended hours working on a computer and lifting up to 30 pounds. Field assignments are located in a variety of climactic conditions and may require standing, squatting, bending, the use of machinery and a variety tools.
- Develop, coordinate, and conduct technical scopes of work including field, lab, and desktop investigation activities.
- Plan and conduct geochemical characterization studies including static, specialized and kinetic testing programs.
- Support geochemical modeling projects.
- Manage clients and projects.
- Supervise staff.
- Organize, validate and evaluate physical and chemical data.
- Prepare accurate and professional technical memos, reports and presentations.
- Participate in team-based project work resulting in client satisfaction and the timely completion of high quality technical work products.
- Expand current services and develop new business.
NewFields believes that in order to attract and retain the best and brightest employees, we need to offer an outstanding benefits package. We provide paid vacation, sick and parental leave, along with paid holidays.
- Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401k and Roth
- 401(k) Match
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Basic Life / Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Long Term Care
- Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Income Protection
- Supplemental Long-Term Care Insurance
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled