Interplan is a commercial architectural firm located in Altamonte Springs, FL specializing in restaurant and retail design work with large nationwide clients. Interplan was founded over forty-nine years ago and has offices in Altamonte Springs, Chicago, Fort Worth, and Philadelphia. We are looking to grow our permitting department in the Altamonte Springs office and are seeking a full-time Permitting Lead with a minimum of 1-2 years of permitting experience. Permit Lead is a production level position that is responsible for the preparation of site investigation reports and carrying out of permitting procedures with minimal direction. This position reports to the Permitting Manager and assists in training the Permit Coordinator. This candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
**Permitting Experience is Required**
- Updating and distribution of permit status report, program status reports, and site investigation status.
- Prepare site investigation reports and associated graphics with direction. Coordinate supplemental documents/presentation with the Permit Admin.
- Identifying importance of various issues identified in the site investigation and the ability to understand and communicate the implications for the project; analyze sites and identify questions unique to the project and pursue solutions accordingly.
- Understand the importance of time and sense of urgency to the client for all aspects of development.
- Understanding of basic code requirement impacts on the project (both architectural and engineering)
- Photograph existing conditions as needed during a site investigation.
- Initiate/keep project moving by intervening and prompting parties.
- Coordinate and prepare documents for submittals including all aspects needed to obtain approvals for permits (i.e. addressing, water/wastewater agreements, civil engineering permits, architectural/engineering permits).
- Submitting and tracking/monitoring progress of plan reviews through the approval process.
- Review Comment response letters to ensure it is addressed accordingly.
- Demonstrate ability to streamline processes and minimize time expended while maintaining a high quality product.
- Assist as directed in all other permitting related activities for which the Department is responsible.
- Acting as liaison between the Architectural or Civil Project Manager, client, outside consultants and municipality.
- Effective representation of clients and projects at meetings and public hearings.
- Communicating with the contractor to bridge permit issuance and construction start
- Work effectively with various Project Management styles.
- Follow up as needed in a timely manner on all issues that arise for a particular project.
- Assist office personnel with code research and basic interpretation of codes as interpreted by the reviewing agency.