Interplan is a full service commercial architectural firm located in Altamonte Springs, FL specializing in restaurant and retail design work with large nationwide clients. Interplan was founded over forty-nine years ago and has offices in Altamonte Springs, Chicago, Fort Worth, and Philadelphia. We are looking for a strong Electrical Engineer to join our Interplan MEP Engineering family within our growing Central Florida office. The ideal candidate has the ability to communicate clearly with both team members and clients. Our goal is to create an empathetic, open-minded, and detail-oriented experience for our employees and clients. We are currently recruiting for a production level position that is responsible for electrical design, equipment selection and construction documents for electrical systems. Responsibilities include power and lighting system design and providing required energy code calculations. This position requires proficiency in AutoCAD 2000 or later to produce quality construction documents.
An Electrical Engineer shall have a minimum high school diploma and 3-5 years of experience in the design of building electrical systems. Systems experience shall include power systems, lighting systems, and building control systems. Position requires ability to run loads. Position requires ability to produce power and lighting code calculations. Strong communication skills are required.
- Be able to do building electrical load calculations.
- Design applicable lighting system.
- Emergency lighting and egress systems.
- Life — Safety building requirements.
- Fire alarm, smoke detector and strobe/alarm design.
- Equipment specifications.
- Systems specifications.
- Knowledge/understanding of electrical building codes and NEC.
- Responsible to permit comments.
- Review shop drawing submittals.
- Site lighting photometrics.
- Do basic circuiting and create panel schedules.
- Basic knowledge of electrical and mechanical materials and systems and their application.
- Calculation of connected and demand loads.
- Awareness of NEC codes and application to specific design.