TreePeople is an environmental nonprofit organization that mobilizes individuals, families, communities, philanthropists, and public agencies to work together to create green, resilient communities by providing education on the benefits of planting trees, capturing the rainwater, greening schools, and providing fun environmental educational activities. We inspire, engage, and support the community to increase the urban tree canopy and address climate threats and environmental justice in Los Angeles and across the region.
We are seeking a passionate, detail-oriented Development Associate, to join our growing Development team. This position will provide support to our fast-paced department by ensuring the integrity of gifts in our database, track donor information, coordinate timely donor acknowledgements and create specialized reports.
- Manage gift processing workflow and process incoming donations. This includes documenting and ensuring correct tracking, proper allocation, and timely donation acknowledgment.
- Closely coordinate with finance team to ensure accurate, current and reconciled record keeping for all departmental data, including maintaining proper gift processing procedure and coding for all contributions.
- Produce various development staff, donor and revenue reports to support development and leadership teams success and strategy.
- Support membership acquisition and retention efforts, including new member packages, direct mail efforts, answering member questions, and related work.
- Serve as Database Administrator for the Development department.
- Act as liaison between the Development department and the IT Tech Team for donation processing and mail campaigns.
- Manage and assist with Salesforce needs for the development department, including coordinating entry and analytics of data.
- Support coordination between the Website, Salesforce, Form Assembly, Pardot and iATS to ensure optimal donor experience and maximize cultivation, acknowledgement and stewardship.
- Provide prospect and donor research reports to assist the development team in identifying potential donors and to support the cultivation/solicitation of current donors.
- Manage donor acknowledgement vendor payments and stock of development-related envelopes, stationery, and pamphlets.
- Provide backup support for department with miscellaneous donor, membership, tree dedication, and data entry-related projects whenever possible.
- Support the planning and execution of development events.
- Supervise volunteers and interns as needed to support development needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Familiarity and string aptitude for database management, excel spreadsheet functions.
- Strong financial acumen and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and daily tasks and adjust as needed; project management skills such as accountability, time management, prioritizing tasks, and meeting high-pressure deadlines.
- High-level of familiarity with Microsoft Suite, Google Suite, and other internet-based programs. Knowledge and usage of Salesforce Software platform is a plus.
- Flexible, patient, organized, and detail oriented.
- Works well in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong communication skills that include intra-personal and effective communication.
- Have a love and commitment to the environment.