This position is located at our HQ in Carmel, Indiana.
Summary: Merchants Capital Investments is seeking an experienced Fund Analyst. The Fund Analyst will be responsible for monitoring, managing, and tracking all fund activity for a specific group of tax credit equity funds as well as preparing documents for the Assistant Vice President, Fund Management that are ultimately provided to investors.
Expected Outcomes: The Fund Analyst will work closely with members of the asset management, syndication, and acquisition teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effective communication among, and within, departments and senior management
- Generate and post all monthly journal entries
- Assist with preparation and analysis of quarterly reports including but not limited to; project and fund-level summary reports, model projections, drafting financial statements, investor narratives, and calculating investor yield on a quarterly basis
- Coordinate with Asset Management and Syndication to plan for upcoming capital calls, bridge draw requests, manage cash position, and prepare reconciliations.
- Work with external parties that include but are not limited to investors, partnership accountants, and other entity partners
- Review Limited Partnership Agreements and create active, post-closing models for each
- Review lower-tier partnership tax returns and audits
- Assist Fund Auditors during preliminary and year-end field work
Expected Experience, Skills and Education:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a business-related field, accounting or finance is preferred
- Minimum of two years of relevant work experience in real estate investments and public accounting experience is preferred
- Previous work experience in the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Program or Affordable Housing industry is preferred
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate strong customer service skills in interactions with investors, lenders, and developer partners in a financial services environment
- Candidate must be able to communicate and work effectively with individuals representing various departments and having varying specialties, both financial and non-financial
- Candidate must possess strong organizational skills
- Requires knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and high proficiency in Excel and Word specifically
- Overtime hours are expected during certain months of the year
- Must possess and be able to demonstrate effectiveness with each of the following Core Competencies
All employees are expected to contribute to the overall success of the organization by performing requested duties regardless of explicit inclusion in the job description or reasonable relation to an employee’s primary role. Additionally, all employees must understand and adhere to all federal and state laws and banking regulations and company policies and procedures applicable to assigned job responsibilities, including compliance as appropriate under the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering regulations.
Additionally, all employees are expected to demonstrate the following Core Competencies:
Professionalism – acting with responsibility, integrity and accountability; demonstrating consistent trustworthiness and reliability; always remaining flexible, adaptable and willing to accept coaching; building and managing professionally healthy relationships; deliberately managing career decisions; and continually developing awareness of business-related topics.
Communication – understanding various active and passive tools and styles and their effects; and exhibiting appropriate, effective, timely use of tools and styles to connect, collaborate, facilitate teamwork and serve customers.
Work Quality – demonstrating an ongoing commitment to compliance, safety and security; executing work with efficiency, a sense of urgency and attention to detail; and displaying organized work practices and a results-oriented mindset.
Analytical Ability – navigating work-related circumstances with practical, sound reasoning; and demonstrating creativity in problem solving.
Leadership – displaying good judgment and certainty in decision making; taking initiative with job-related demands; demonstrating innovative thinking and sound planning with business practices; managing individual performance toward shared organizational goals; and thinking strategically to set and accomplish goals.
Merchants Bancorp and its affiliates and subsidiaries are committed to being equal opportunity employers. All job candidates and incumbents will be assessed based on only criteria relevant to successfully performing the job as defined in this job description and as generally accepted in the job’s relevant industries.