As the front-line representative to the public, state agencies, and community providers, the 2-1-1 Contact Center Specialist – Information and Referral Services is responsible for providing quality information and referrals to clients resulting in a positive client experience. The 2-1-1 Contact Center Specialist – Information and Referral Services responds to calls and other means of contact on a scheduled basis that varies among first, second, and/or third shifts. Client needs range from general information and referrals to cases of complex social problems involving time spent in research and advocacy. This position strives to fulfill the mission of United Way of Connecticut (UWC) at all times while at work.
The Pay & Benefits: $21.00 per hour pay rate PLUS shift differential.
Spanish- or Portuguese-speaking applicants who are hired and pass certification will get an additional $.75 per hour.
- An outright 8% 401(k) contribution.
- 20 days of Paid Time Off in a calendar year – you begin accruing immediately!
- 10 paid holidays per year.
- 80% company-paid health insurance premium and deductible.
- Tuition reimbursement after 1 year.
- Supportive, culturally diverse and inclusive company culture.
- And more!
Tuesday through Saturday 1:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. (Full-Time) or,
Sunday through Thursday 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. (Full-Time)
After job training, position will be hybrid (in office and remote).
- Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, counseling or related field plus one year’s human services experience preferred, or Associate’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling or related field plus three years’ experience in human services or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Internship and volunteer experience is considered.
- Ability to handle a high call volume in a fast-paced contact center environment working with callers who are experiencing emotional and mental health related concerns.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to simultaneously listen to callers, accurately enter call data via keyboarding, and toggle between databases.
- Strong services and problem-solving focus and ability to diffuse difficult callers, even while under pressure.
- Ability to meet key performance metrics.
- Ability to relate well with people from diverse groups.
- Must be willing and able to report to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Must be able to work additional hours off-shift, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to maintain a high level or confidentiality in day-to-day duties.
- Ability to follow strict guidelines regarding verification and authorization.
- After one year of employment, achieves certification as an Information and Referral Specialist.
- Bilingual English/Spanish and call center experience desired.
- Ability to perform job with integrity and values consistent with the UWC Mission.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, United Way of Connecticut, Inc. desires priority referrals of protected veterans for positions at its location at 1344 Silas Deane Hwy, Rocky Hill, CT 06067. Any questions may be referred to Recruitment@ctunitedway.org.
United Way of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Male/Female/Disability/Veteran
United Way of Connecticut, Inc. endeavors to make www.ctunitedway.org accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact (860) 571-7500. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.