Responsible for processing residential construction files and coordinating the credit approval process. Ensures the accurate and timely processing of loans consistent with the Bank’s loan policy and the Client Service Standards and with minimal supervision or oversight. May supervise the work of other Loan Processors.
- Loan Processing (Third Party Originators): Demonstrates expertise and experience in working with third party originators to collect the application and execute on pre-qualification processes. Completes pre-closing due diligence to ensure sufficient documentation is collected including review of financial documents. Works with third party originators and internal staff to obtain credit bureau reports, flood certifications, title work, appraisal, and appraisal review, Secretary of State, and other collateral documentation.
- Loan Processing (Builders): Works directly with Builders to complete pre-closing due diligence to ensure sufficient documentation is collected. Confirms and reviews plans, specs, and final Sworn Comparisons. Communicates with Builder throughout construction to confirms project is in balance. Works with internal staff to obtain necessary documentation and ensures draws are completed in a timely manner. May approve draws submitted by the processing team.
- Loan Submission: Works independently to prepare or reviews a credit write up prepared by internal staff and submits loan package for approval and monitors the loan status. Reviews the loan approval and coordinates consumer disclosures and closing documentation that meet loan requirements. Coordinates escrow instructions, preliminary title reports, policies, deeds, etc. Satisfies all pre-closing conditions and ensures that approval falls within established lending guidelines. Determines funding sources and requirements. Submits approved file for pre-closing review and clears any pre-closing conditions.
- Loan Coordination: Coordinates with borrower throughout the process and provides required documentation in a timely manner and according to loan policy and compliance guidelines. Schedules and coordinates closing. Requests loan documents, including the Closing Disclosure. Coordinates closing function for purchase and refinance transactions with the title company. Reviews loan documents for accuracy prior to closing. Submits approved file for post-closing review; clears any post-closing deficiencies.
- Loan Servicing: Maintains accurate, well-organized electronic loan files and initiates funding. Prepares the closing package for scanning to an electronic credit file and coordinates with Loan Administration to fund loan proceeds and disburse fees.
- On-Going Monitoring: Complete on-going monitoring of the loan portfolio which includes follow up on ticklers, extensions, and completion of construction. Complete any additional requests from outside parties including Verification of Mortgages, Payoff Requests, or Endorsements. Continues to be the liaison throughout the life of the loan to answer questions between the borrower, builder, title, or other third party.
- Warehouse Line Monitoring: Assists in on-going monitoring of warehouse line facilities. Conducts client due diligence and ensures compliance to policies and procedures. Coordinates with internal staff to execute funding requests, documentation and shipping requests, and general facility maintenance. Analyzes and validates mortgage loan and collateral documentation for completeness of information and verification that the documentation conforms to applicable credit approvals, policies, and procedures. Contributes to the build out of internal processes and procedures in the development and maintenance of warehouse lines.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time without notice.
Expectations, Skills & Qualifications:
- A role model for our core values: Do the Right Thing, G.S.D. (Get Stuff Done), One Team, and Give Generously
- Demonstrated commitment to defect free, timely, and caring client service
- Knowledgeable of bank policies, procedures, and regulations
- Able to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible to change in a growing organization
- Proficient at Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint; strong technical ability
- Possess the ability to meet critical deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate a high level of organization and attention to detail
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects/tasks
- Demonstrate a collaborative work style and respect for others
- Is accountable for demonstrating compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act, Privacy of Consumer Financial Information and all other federal and state rules and regulations as it pertains to their position at the bank.
Education & Experience:
A Bachelor’s Degree from College or University and 5-7 years of experience in related position; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to type, carry, handle and feel objects, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception in the window environment and the ability to adjust focus.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Local travel is required for this position
*The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.