Alert Innovation is a 2-year-old startup on a mission to re-invent retailing through robotics. Having partnered with world’s largest retailer to develop our revolutionary Alphabot® technology, we have an enormous market opportunity in front of us and are now beginning to scale the company by hiring exceptional people who love their work, want it to be meaningful, strive for excellence, and thrive in a highly collaborative team-oriented culture.
WHY A PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT PMP?
Full Time, Exempt
The Product Development Project Management Professional (PD-PMP) will play a critical role in driving the development and execution of Product Teams to deliver products on-time and on-budget. You partner with Product Teams to help define and manage project plans and budgets for a number of concurrent teams, provide guidance as they execute the plan, be a communications channel between business stakeholders, and ultimately help the teams execute on their goals. The PD-PMP will report directly to the Product Team Lead.
Alert Innovation offers a competitive salary, generous benefits and an equity stake in our growing company.
WHAT WILL YOU LOVE?
- Being a part of an organization that is innovative in both its products and the design of the organization
- Joining and building a culture that is built on the fundamental importance of individual contribution and team synergy
- Playing a mission-critical role in helping Product Teams achieve their goals
- Delivering high-value products to our customers that will transform an industry
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Work with Team and Leadership to identify Product Team resource needs
- Develop detailed project plans and schedules
- Provide technical expertise regarding project scoping, design, specifications, costs, timing and quality standards
- Track and report the status of project activities, milestones, and deliverables
- Lead day-to-day project activities to execute the project on-time and on-budget
- Identify, assess and facilitate resolution to business and technical issues and risks
- Communicate effectively between all members of the project team by facilitating timely and appropriate generation, collection and dissemination of project information
- Ensure all deliverables meet quality standards before commencing next phase
- Organize and maintain document repository for assigned Project Teams
- Develop and maintain a productive working relationship with all appropriate business stakeholders, management, and third-party service providers/vendors that are integral to the project delivery
- Prepare, manage and report on overall project schedule and budget to appropriate stakeholders and Leadership Team
REFLECTION AND CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
- Facilitate After Action Reviews (AARs) for Product Teams
- Take an active role in improvement projects identified through AARs and other sources
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 8+ years of broad-ranging, hands-on experience in complex high-tech or electro-mechanical project management including resource planning and budgeting
- Proven ability to develop, document and maintain project plans
- Thorough understanding of business areas including Finance, Supply Chain, HR
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to changing priorities while participating in multiple parallel projects
- Solid understanding of how technology relates to business, market and industry requirements and ability to apply such knowledge to support business needs
- Demonstrates a natural propensity to work in a collaborative team environment
- Able to constructively influence team decisions and product design requirements
- Self-motivating and capable of working without direction or supervision to achieve team goals
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact appropriately with all levels of business leadership and collaborate with a variety of individuals to achieve desired results
- Education: BA/BS degree in business administration or equivalent practical experience
WHAT ARE OUR CORE VALUES?
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: “Treat others as you would want to be treated”.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create “performance synergy”, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members’ capacities.
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.