Team Members are responsible for communicating with guests to provide a fast-casual restaurant experience that is friendly and hospitable. Team members will work all FOH and BOH stations, leveraging their knowledge of the Point of Sale (POS) system, delivering exceptional customer service, following food recipes and preparation methods, and properly executing Fuku menu items. This role is also responsible for adhering to food safety and other sanitation measures to ensure that everything in the kitchen properly follows the Department of Health (DOH) and company guidelines.
Salary Range: $16.00 - $16.50 an hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for prepping, assembling, cooking, and cooling all food products to Fuku recipe guidelines and health code specifications
- Prepares a variety of cold prep items for all cooked batch items, sauces, soups, stews, all pre-cooked items, and partially cooked items
- Washes, peels, slices, and mixes vegetables, fruits, or other ingredients
- Responsible for all stove, oven, and fryer cooking. Properly portions all food items such as chicken, meats, potatoes and/or vegetables before cooking
- Carefully wraps and stores all food items, labels all stored items, and ensures proper product rotation using first-in/first-out procedures (FIFO)
- Maintains proper organization and the highest level of cleanliness of all equipment, food storage, and preparation areas including cleaning dishes and the dish area
- Responsible for communicating openly and thoroughly with supervisors, and for bringing all concerns to the supervisor’s attention immediately
- Greets and engages guests in a friendly and hospitable manner upon arrival to and departure from Fuku
- Demonstrates working knowledge of menu items, ingredients, and allergens
- Effectively communicates talking points regarding menu items, brand initiatives, and Fuku culture
- Answers guest questions and concerns about the menu items
- Suggestively sells and highlights promotional items/brand initiatives to increase sales, guest experience & loyalty
- Ensures that guest orders are entered accurately into the POS system
- Collects credit card and cash payments from guests
- Hands orders to guests, ensuring timeliness and accuracy of each order
- Addresses any guest concerns, directing them to a supervisor or manager if necessary
- Assists with table touches and delivers exceptional hospitality to our guests
- Encourages guests to leave in-store or online feedback; understands and can clearly explain feedback system
- Ensures that all FOH stations are correctly set up; executes station checklist
- Understands flow of service
- Responsible for communicating respectfully, openly, and thoroughly with supervisors, and for bringing any concerns to a manager’s attention immediately
The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently occasionally lifting 25 – 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, squatting, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Fuku reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Fuku or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Fuku is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), transgender status or gender dysphoria, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, unemployment status, familial status as that term is described under the New York State Human Rights Law, caregiver or partnership status as those terms are defined under the New York City Human Rights Law (if you are employed in New York City) or other protected status.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to communicate and understand the language(s) of the work location
- Must be able to read and execute recipes
- Basic knowledge of kitchen equipment and procedures, safety and sanitation regulations, and knowledge of food and food production (a plus)
- NYC Food Handlers Certificate (a plus)
- Ability to anticipate service needs based on environmental and guest cues
- Commitment to quality service and food + beverage knowledge
- Previous quick service, food service, or customer service experience highly encouraged
- Open availability is a must! This role is required to work a variety of shifts (AM, PM, weekends)
- Must provide proof of receipt of vaccination by date of hire as per NYC's vaccination mandate*
*Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this requirement or need a reasonable accommodation.