The CSWE-Accredited Bachelor’s in Social Work Program at Greenville University (GU) is seeking to fill a full-time tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor position to begin in August, 2022. The position will require teaching 1-2 in-person courses and 1-2 online courses during the fall and spring semesters, for a total of 3 courses in fall, 3 courses in spring, and 2 online courses in the summer.
- Master’s degree in social work required; an earned doctorate degree and/or licensure in social work (LCSW) preferred.
- A minimum of two years of post-MSW social work practice experience required.
- Passion for Christ-centered higher education and dedicated to the integration of faith and learning in their field.
- Deep commitment to student success and learning.
- Three or more years of successful undergraduate level teaching experience is preferred, with a proven track record of student learning and engagement through previous classroom evaluations by students, faculty, and administration.
- Experience teaching online social work courses preferred.
- Contribute to GU’s mission: Christ-centered liberal arts higher education transforming students for lives of character and service. Faculty contribute to the University's mission beyond the classroom through activities such as committee/task force/teamwork, community development, or similar activities internally and externally, which enhance and advance exemplary academics, personal spiritual growth, and engagement with the world.
- Teach assigned undergraduate courses in accord with all standard policies and procedures using a variety of best practice teaching and learning strategies to enhance instruction.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate course curriculum, teaching-learning practices, and assess student learning outcomes.
- Engage and advise students; maintain established office hours, and be available to individual students for questions, consultations, advising, and informal mentoring.
- Demonstrate a proven track record and ongoing experience in their field. Faculty members are also expected to engage in professional organization activities and scholarly work including, but not limited to, publications and presentations.
- Provide strategic thinking in fulfilling the goals of GU in support of the University Strategic Priorities as well as contribute effectively to the University community, external partners, and general audiences. Participation in faculty, committee, or other meetings is an integral part of this position.
- Add to the development of a Christ-centered community of learners and scholars. Continue to grow in personal commitment to and effectiveness in the integration of Christian faith and learning and provide effective servant leadership among faculty, staff, students, and administrators.
- Participate in extracurricular activities to support and encourage students, colleagues, and staff.
Chief Academic Officer.
Greenville University has a dynamic commitment to experiential learning, faith integration and practical skill development tailored around job placement. The university has approximately 700 residential students and is located 50 miles east of St. Louis in an attractive residential community of approximately 7,000 people.
Greenville University empowers students for lives of character and service through a transforming Christ-centered education in the liberal arts, sciences, and professional studies.
Greenville University believes that God created each of our students to uniquely shape the world!
· Offer a transformational Christ-centered educational experience that empowers, enriches, and endures;
· Focus on the development of the whole person so that each student thrives spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, relationally, and physically;
· Inspire our students to embrace God’s Call; and,
· Give our work as worship and welcome the presence of the risen Christ to fill us, equip us, and send us.
How to Apply:
Application materials should include a 1) letter of application, 2) curriculum vitae, 3) statement of philosophy of Christian higher education, 4) statement of personal faith journey and commitment, 5) names of three references, and 6) copies of academic transcripts (unofficial copies acceptable for initial application). Electronic copies of all these documents are welcome.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled. Address applications to:
Attn: HR Office
315 East College Avenue
Greenville, Illinois 62246s
Office Phone: (618) 664-6845
Greenville University's Commitment to Diversity:
It is the policy of Greenville University not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, ethnic or national origin, disability, race, gender or prior military service in its educational programs, admissions or employment policies. Greenville University is committed to an environment of cultural and ethnic diversity; women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Greenville University is located 50 miles east of St. Louis in an attractive residential community of approximately 7,000 people. Greenville University was founded in 1892 and is affiliated with the Free Methodist Church yet draws students from 40+ denominations. For additional information, please visit our website: www.greenville.edu.