TreePeople is an environmental nonprofit organization that mobilizes individuals, families, communities, philanthropists, and public agencies to work together to create green, resilient communities by providing education on the benefits of planting trees, capturing the rainwater, greening schools, and providing fun environmental educational activities. TreePeople unites with communities to grow a greener, shadier and more water-secure region at homes, neighborhoods, schools and in the local mountains.
We are seeking a full time Urban Greening Associate, to join our team for the period of 6-7 months (January 2022-June 2022). This position will support our efforts to install sustainable landscapes and plant and care for trees in local communities.
- Assist in the implementation of sustainable landscapes on residential properties. This includes removing turf, grading soil, planting vegetation, removing hardscape, installing permeable surfaces, installing rainwater capture components and irrigation systems.
- Plant and maintain 15- gallon trees on streets and in parks.
- Drive water truck as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience or interest in sustainable landscaping best practices.
- Experience or interest in urban forestry, tree planting and tree care.
- Highly-organized, strong work-ethic, friendly, smart, proactive and a quick-learner.
- Strong team-building and problem-solving skills.
- Spanish fluency preferred.
- Valid CA Driver’s license and clean driving record to perform job-related essential functions.
- Requires frequent heavy lifting over 25 lbs., often combined with bending, twisting, or working on irregular surfaces, and occasionally requires extraordinary physical activity.
- Available to work a schedule that includes early mornings.
- Interest in environmental issues impacting diverse communities throughout Southern California.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required.
TreePeople is an equal opportunity employer.