Job Title: Accounts Receivable Supervisor
Reports To: Director of Accounting
Exemption Status: Exempt/Salary $64,000-$68,000
Summary: The Accounts Receivable Supervisor is responsible for directing and overseeing all operational aspects and functions performed within the Accounts
Receivable department. This position directly supervises members of the Accounts
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the Accounts Receivable Specialists are delivering the highest level of service to our associations; look for ways to improve customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for accurate and timely response and resolution to all requests from internal and external clients.
- Ensure the accuracy of all Accounts Receivable data that is entered into the accounting system.
- Create, enforce, and modify consistent operational procedures within the Accounts
- Work in cooperation with the Accounts Payable and General Ledger Supervisors and General Ledger Accountants to resolve issues and identify areas for improvement.
- Respond to Accounts Receivable inquiries.
- Monitor payment plans for compliance; generate late notices.
- Download, import, and post checks as needed.
- Operate the Check Scanner.
- Deposit Daily Cash receipts.
- Set up new accounts; change account status, and process any changes.
- Process homeowner coupons (annual; new sale and resale).
- Compile and submit monthly metrics to the Manager of Community Association
- Complete special projects as required to meet the special needs of the Board of
Directors and Community Association Managers.
- Perform onboarding and off-boarding functions for all new and terminating associations.
- Assist the Accounts Receivable staff with technical questions regarding accounting or departmental procedures.
- Ensure that staff members are in compliance with all company policies per Employee Handbook.
- Coach and mentor staff to achieve performance goals.
- Provide recruiting requests to Human Resources for available positions within the department; interview and hire employees.
- Train and develop Accounts Receivable Specialists; create training calendars.
- Provide timely one-on-ones with staff.
- Monitor and report on staffing needs within the department.
- Review employee timesheets/punches for accuracy.
- Handle disciplinary issues with support staff.
- Create employee action plans as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Qualifications:
- Must possess personal values that are in alignment with those of the company:
Excellence, Partnership, Professionalism, Integrity, and Life Balance
- Knowledge of intermediate accounting principles
- Knowledge of management techniques
- Skill in organization and analytics
- Skill in attention to detail, decision making, and problem solving
- Skill in conflict resolution and leadership
- Skill in identifying potential risks and providing solutions
- Skill in delivering excellent customer service
- Ability to read and interpret budgets, general ledgers, and financial reports
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments
- Ability to lead large projects
- Ability to utilize different computer software programs
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to be professional in appearance and presentation
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to build strong working relationships with the Accounts Receivable team
- Ability to perform duties with limited supervision
- Ability to work a flexible schedule in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to make decisions, lead people, and manage resources
- Ability to supervise other employees as needed
- Ability to serve as a role model to others demonstrating Hammersmith® core values
Education and Experience:
- Three or more years of Accounts Receivable or related accounting experience required
- Previous supervisory and/or managerial experience preferred
- Four-year degree in Finance, Accounting or related business field preferred
- Experience in community management accounting preferred
- Ensure performance standards are being met by all of the Accounts Receivable staff.
- Ensure that all payments received are posted on the day in which they are received.
- Ensure that all Client Aging Reports are produced and appropriately distributed on their due date.
- Ensure that all Late Fees are generated timely each month.
- Ensure that all account status updates are done each month.
- Maintain an average call abandonment rate of 3% or less on Accounts Receivable calls from homeowner clients.
- Ensure that all metric data are received in a timely manner.
- This position operates in a professional office setting with usage of standard office equipment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position is largely sedentary and may require constant sitting with occasional standing/walking.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time