Prevailance is seeking an experienced welding technician to provide high quality instruction in the Advanced Welding course at SWSC Norfolk, VA.
As an Advanced Welding Instructor, you will:
- Teach advanced welding skills to Sailors enroute to shipboard or maintenance activity assignments.
- Contribute in a meaningful way to the readiness of USN ships and the Sailors who maintain them.
- Join a highly collaborative environment with Prevailance leadership, our client, our employees, and other industry partners.
- Represent Prevailance leadership to our clients, fellow employees, and other industry partners.
- Join a team of inspired colleagues determined to prepare our Sailors and ships for combat operations.
- Provide classroom, laboratory instruction, and curriculum management as well as assessment of competence in subject areas.
- Proctor tests, grade tests, analyze curriculum data, and perform database administration duties.
- Utilize training devices, associated classroom and/or other training methods necessary to facilitate accomplishment of recurring training requirements, tactical proficiency development and associated curriculum.
- Apply best practices in classroom preparation, student administration, test proctoring, and safety procedures to avoid interruptions in the training day and promote a safe and secure environment conducive to learning for courses supported under this contract.
- Maintain an orderly, professional atmosphere in all classroom and field settings.
- Teach, test, or remediate in applicable courses using the Automated Electronic Classrooms (AECs) or Presentation Technology Classrooms (PTCs), as required.
- Attend in-service training as directed to become and remain familiar with Government rules, regulations, and other requirements.
- Attend annual fleet training as directed to become and remain up-to-date on courses and fleet requirements.
Graduate of the Navy Instructor Training Course (CIN: A-012-0077) (NEC 9502) or equivalent instructor training course.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a military training environment
- Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation certificate (prior to contract support start)
- Be familiar with a variety of presentation, delivery method, testing and remediation procedures, curriculum, training aids, devices, electronic podiums, technical training equipment (TTE), lab equipment, and equipment operation and maintenance procedures
- Read, write, speak, and understand English fluently
- Be familiar with applicable Navy rules and regulations
- Be familiar with Navy course curriculum, technical training equipment, technical training devices, including, electronic podiums, AECs, PTCs, video teaching and teleconference (VTT) instructor podium, and equipment as applicable
- Be familiar with appropriate learning databases as required (e.g., CeTARS, Content Planning Module (CPM), Authoring, etc.)
Clearance Required: None
Employment Type: Full-time
- Group paced classroom instruction
- Group paced laboratory instruction
- Curriculum maintenance
COVID-19 Requirements: All Prospective employees will be required to adhere to Prevailance’ s vaccination policy to ensure compliance with Executive Order 14042 Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. At present the Government has not established a date by which EO 14042 will be enforced. Once the enforcement date is set, prospective employees must submit proof of full vaccination unless a Prevailance approved accommodation for disability (to include medical conditions) or religious-based reasons has been received.
Prevailance, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract. Prevailance, Inc. participates in E-Verify and is VEVRAA Compliant.