Prevailance is seeking an experienced, mission-focused professional to support the Surface Warfare Engineering Schools Command (SWESC) as a Diesel Engine Inspector (DEI). The DEI will support SWESC and PMS 339 Specialized Engineering providing instruction, operation, testing, remediation, curriculum support (includes updates and maintenance of curriculum), administration, safety, and management support services for formalized naval training.
The DEI is responsible for technical and military training, involving instructor services and remediation, for DOD personnel (including Navy and Allied Forces officer and enlisted personnel) temporarily assigned to San Diego, CA and Norfolk, VA for training.
The DEI shall have the following qualifications:
- Graduate of the Navy Instructor Training Course (CIN: A-012-0077) (NEC 9502) OR equivalent instructor training course
- A minimum of three (3) years technical experience in the subject matter hired to instruct
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in a Military Training Environment
- Knowledge of learning principles, practices, and methods of presentation and delivery of course content, testing and remediation procedures, curriculum, training aids, devices, electronic podiums, TTE, lab equipment, equipment operation and maintenance procedures associated with the course
- Comprehensive knowledge in the area of safety, in-depth knowledge of all aspects of diesel inspection process
- Must be a former senior (E7 – E9) EN or MM, have shipboard experience within the EN or MM ratings
- A graduate of Diesel Engine Core, (A- 652-0320) and Diesel Engine Inspector Course, (A-652- 0311)
- Have comprehensive knowledge in the area of safety, in-depth knowledge of all aspects of diesel inspection process.
- Certified diesel inspector with current certification.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Must be able to obtain a favorable background.
COVID-19 Requirements: All Prospective employees will be required to adhere to Prevailance’s vaccination policy to ensure compliance with Executive Order 14042 Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. Prospective employees must submit proof of full vaccination prior to their start date unless a Prevailance approved accommodation for disability (to include medical conditions) or religious-based reasons has been received.
Prevailance, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract. Prevailance, Inc. participates in E-Verify and is VEVRAA Compliant.