Prevailance is seeking an experienced Electronics Technician to serve as an Electronics Technician (Navigation) (ETV) Instructor. The Electronics Technician (Navigation) (ETV) Instructor will support the technical and military training for enlisted personnel of the U.S. and allied navies temporarily assigned for training at the Submarine Learning Center (SLC), New London, CT.
The Electronics Technician (Navigation) (ETV) Instructor shall provide classroom instruction as well as the assessment of competence in subject areas being taught. The Electronics Technician (Navigation) (ETV) Instructor must be proficient in the operation of simulators, Technical Training Equipment (TTE) and other computer-based training systems. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare classrooms / workstations / labs prior to commencing instruction to include equipment set-up and availability of all required instructional material.
- Perform operational checks of all classroom / workstations / lab training equipment, devices, and aids.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of written instructional materials and student forms required by a particular classroom / seats / lab.
- Report in writing any material discrepancies or items that prevent teaching any section of the courses.
- Utilize Automated Electronic Classrooms (AECs), Personal Data Assistants (PDAs), Laptops, Presentation Technology Classrooms (PTCs), and / or Learning Resource Center (LRCs) to deliver course content.
- Teach, test, or remediate in applicable courses using the AEC or PTC, as required.
The Electronics Technician (Navigation) (ETV)Instructor must have knowledge of learning principles, practices, and methods of presentation and delivery of course content, testing and remediation procedures, curriculum, training aids, devices, electronic podiums, TTE, lab equipment, equipment operation and maintenance procedures. The Electronics Technician (Navigation) (ETV) Instructor must have:
- Minimum of three (3) years technical experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a Military Training Environment,
- Must be a former (E5 – E9) EVT, and have submarine experience within the EVT rating.
- Must be a graduate of Electronics Technician Navigation Block 0A (SSN Strand) (A-102-0701).
- Must have comprehensive knowledge in the area of advanced fire control, techniques, onboard watch station procedures and previously qualified Quarter Master of the Watch (QMOW).
- Must have knowledge of learning databases as required (e.g., CeTARS, Content Planning Module (CPM), Authoring, etc.)
High School Diploma
Must be a graduate of the Navy Instructor Training Course (CIN: A-012-0077) (NEC 9502) OR equivalent instructor training course.
Must be able to obtain and maintain Secret Clearance.
COVID-19 Requirements: All Prospective employees will be required to adhere to Prevailance’s vaccination policy to ensure compliance with Executive Order 14042 Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. Prospective employees must submit proof of full vaccination prior to their start date unless a Prevailance approved accommodation for disability (to include medical conditions) or religious-based reasons has been received.
Prevailance, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract. Prevailance, Inc. participates in E-Verify and is VEVRAA Compliant.